cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnWallace
Former Member
Message 71 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

There are a number of unrelated issues going on in this thread, but I just wanted everyone to know that we are aware of the problems you've been having and are working on correcting them.

- Desktop icon that reappears

- Network Manager losing custom descriptions/names

- Shutdown crashes

Thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 72 of 1,143

Thanks Shawn.

Bowl4her
Former Member
Message 73 of 1,143

Hey Peacekeeper - I too am having the same issue.  In addition, I notice my IE8 browser crawls t oa stop as well and when I shut my machine down I get the memory error from MsSvhost.exe as well.  McAfee techs installed the latest SecurityCenter as it seems to have made things worse.  I have also run malbyte.com, IOBit Security and AdvanceSystem3Care products as well.  Nothing seems to work.

tonyorob
Former Member
Message 74 of 1,143

Just to let you know, I have another computer with this shutdown problem. It also is running XP SP3 and Version 10 of McAfee Total protection. I could give you more information if required. The computers seem to be working OK otherwise.

How is this problem solving going? Any ideas yet?

Peacekeeper
Message 75 of 1,143

We mods have not been updated.

If Shawn reading this maybe he can update the thread if he has anything new to add.

wikkidgirl
Former Member
Message 76 of 1,143

having the same issue. pops up everytime i shut down my computer.never had any problems until i updated to 2010. i reinstalled and installed still getting same error.

Peacekeeper
Message 77 of 1,143

Will refresh the tech's memory re this issue is still here. I will update here when I hear back

spectron1
Former Member
Message 78 of 1,143

Peacekeeper.  Are you having the same shutdown application error popup as everyone else is on this forum? Or are you just speculating? If so do you think it is related to a possible software confliction or program compatibility?  I assume that everyone here is running Windows XP,Vista, Mac ( if it can be used ) or any other Windows operating system that can be used with McAfee security 2010 for that matter.

Like everyone else here I just want a fix so that it can corrected.  I am not getting the same problems as in other users are

experiencing, Pc slowing down and the mysterious McAfee icon that cannot be deleted.  Good job now I bought an OEM version of 2010 on disc instead of downloading this expensively through McAfee when my 2009 expired.

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 18/03/10 14:51:16 CDT

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 18/03/10 14:52:52 CDT

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 18/03/10 14:53:50 CDT

Message was edited by: spectron1 on 18/03/10 15:02:43 CDT
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 79 of 1,143

Peacekeeper & ExBrit

I must be an exception to the rule as I currently have not had any issues regarding this thread.

I should clarify I do not subscribe to the Total Protection package, only the 3 user Internet Security and I purchase directly from McAfee if this should help others to narrow the problem(s)

Message was edited by: k3tg on 3/18/10 3:25:40 PM CDT
wikkidgirl
Former Member
Message 80 of 1,143

why does every1 assume its windows xp software. i can tell u its not. it is mcafee software it is corrupted.i had no problems until i upgraded to mcafee 2010.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community