cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vpaus
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McShield is paused

I am having a problem i downloading the virus scan. The MVT has not helped. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but of not help.

The McShield is paused and I cannot change any properties or start. All buttons are disabled. I have used malware scans and have not found anything.

The program is by ATT as part of the DSP package and allows 7 licenses.

Since the pprogram is not able to download the signature, the AT&T internet security suite (powered by Mcafee) indicates that the computer is not protected. If I try to "fix it", I get a message that one or more problems cannot be fixed because of an errort.

If I try to scan (quick scan), I get an error "scanning has encountered a problem from which it cannot recover. Here are problem details. result = 2147467259"

I am using Win Vista and I have IE8 but I have also tried downgrading to IE7 with no results.

Can anyone help solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

vpaus.
1 Reply
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: McShield is paused

Hi

Please clarify,

How old is the computer? Did you made any changes to the computer?
Do you have any pop ups or alert in the computer?

Steps

Update the Windows including the Optional /patch update.

If the computer is older than 3 years then we can also perform the Check disk

1.Open the command prompt with administrative privileges by typing cmd in the search box in the Start Menu and right-click cmd.exe in the search results and then select Run as Administrator.
2.Type chkdsk followed by one or a combination of switches listed below in the command prompt.
3.example of an exhaustive disk check using the command line interface is:
4.chkdsk 😧 /F /R
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community