Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna1970
Contributor II
Message 1 of 14

McAfee you are at risk pop up!

Jump to solution

Hello, I do not have McAfee installed, yet suddenly there is pop up coming up continually, see attached.  I have even download your McAfee removal tool, run it and restarted my computer.  All to no avail.  I have had to create an account in order to post a question too.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GBennett
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: McAfee you are at risk pop up!

Jump to solution

Capture.JPGmsafee.JPG

I'm running a Windows 10 desktop PC. This popup appears every few minutes. I don't use McAfee but am fully protected by other anti-virus/malware/firewall/ransomware software. 'Click for details' would run a program called fa_rss.exe in the directory ..\users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\FA. There is an uninstaller in this directory. The program appears in the installed program listing as  'FA Really Simple Syndication (RSS)' and can be uninstalled from there. The Digital Signature on the Properties tab has the signer 'Fast Corporate Ltd', which appears to be a one-person 'company' based in the UK.

I'm still trying to figure out where it came from. I don't know if the popup is sanctioned by McAfee. It doesn't seem to register as malware even for McAfee users, but McAfee doesn't seem to have done anything about it, so maybe it's real. As it has false information and is really annoying, I'm not likely ever to use McAfee.

View solution in original post

Deanna1970
Contributor II
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

Go to control panel - programs- uninstall a program search for  'FA Really Simple Syndication (RSS) then uninstall.  That is it!  Gone!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
GBennett
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Capture.JPGmsafee.JPG

I'm running a Windows 10 desktop PC. This popup appears every few minutes. I don't use McAfee but am fully protected by other anti-virus/malware/firewall/ransomware software. 'Click for details' would run a program called fa_rss.exe in the directory ..\users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\FA. There is an uninstaller in this directory. The program appears in the installed program listing as  'FA Really Simple Syndication (RSS)' and can be uninstalled from there. The Digital Signature on the Properties tab has the signer 'Fast Corporate Ltd', which appears to be a one-person 'company' based in the UK.

I'm still trying to figure out where it came from. I don't know if the popup is sanctioned by McAfee. It doesn't seem to register as malware even for McAfee users, but McAfee doesn't seem to have done anything about it, so maybe it's real. As it has false information and is really annoying, I'm not likely ever to use McAfee.

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello,

This popup appears to be a fake one. Please let us know if this popup appears when you work on a browser. If so, please clear cache and cookies and check. Also, run a Full Scan and check if there are any Malwares or infections on the computer and remove them.

Regards,
Madhan M

Deanna1970
Contributor II
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response.  I clicked on the links to the end.   Please see attached that it takes me to a payment screen.  This must be concerning for McAfee if it is fake!  To me it looks like a money grab from McAfee by harassing people.

This pops up no matter what I do!  Working in word documents, using firefox, google, email, pops up randomly on my desktop and is always on top, opens over everything.  I have a run a virus check and nothing comes up, I have used your McAfee removal tool.

Please advise as it has your company name on it!

Deanna1970
Contributor II
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution
GBennett, THANK YOU! finally, this irritating pop is gone!
rommeljjimenez
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello Deanna1970,

Having the same issue, Could you please tell us how did you get rid of this pop-up?

Deanna1970
Contributor II
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

Go to control panel - programs- uninstall a program search for  'FA Really Simple Syndication (RSS) then uninstall.  That is it!  Gone!

cdmassey62
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

I have Widows 11 and I am having this pop up problem but the solution given is not working for me. Is there something else I can do to prevent this pop up from continue to happen all the time. I have Norton antivirus I don't need Mcafee as well.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

is it a new computer perhaps that came with a pre installed  trial version for McAfee on it perhaps ?

this is the service doc how to remove from Windows Pc

McAfee KB - How to remove McAfee products from a Windows PC (TS101331)

besides option 1 that describes the standard remove methode for Windows

after reboot use option 2 for the MCPR tool also as mentioned.

if this does not solve the problem best to contact live support during working days and office hours;

https://service.mcafee.com

in the middle of the page on the right side you see contact/talk to expert.

follow the next step to receive assistance.

hope this helps

cdmassey62
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

Thank You it is a new PC and I don't see McAfee installed so I will call for help tomorrow during business hours. 🙂

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community