cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brhutch
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

McAfee will not run

Ok I can't believe I'm still having this problem.  Two basic things occur:  the first is when I click on the McAfee icon nothing happens. Doesn't matter what I do.  Running a PC on Windows 10.  Surely there is a quick fix to this.  I happens at least once a month.  I've corrected it in the past by uninstalling and installing the program.  But surely there's a better way.

And I believe related, at times the McAfee program just disappears.  All the icons disappear.  What's going on.  Could it be something related to cleaning the hard drive using CCleaner?

Surely someone has seen this in the past.

5 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee will not run

Hi @brhutch 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know the below details for better understanding to help you further.

• Is it disappearing on the desktop or in the hidden icons at lower right corner.
• May I know the McAfee version that got installed on your machine.
• Are windows updates being up to date.
• For how long this issue is going on.
• Could you check removing CC cleaner and check how it goes.

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911) US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

brhutch
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

When they go everything goes.   However the most recent issue is none of the icons when clicked run anything.  

Windows is up to date.  Can't find the McAfee version.

About a year once or twice a month.

It's not a problem that CCleaner is there, I was just wondering if running CCleaner on a regular basis could delete something that allows McAfee to run.

Anyway I did get in touch with McAfee Tech Support.  She did one of those remote takeover of my computer.  I couldn't really tell what she was doing, but after the fact McAfee ran again.  I asked what was the issue, but she said it was doing something and just hung up.  This has to be a common issue considering the number of complaints from other users, and fact mine happens at least once a month, but she wouldn't elaborate.

brhutch
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Well alrighty then.  It is doing it again less than a week after the fix.  Clicking on any McAfee icon does nothing.  Just tell me how to recover from this.

Venkat_YM
Message 5 of 6

Hi @brhutch 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

brhutch
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Ok we'll do that, but before just answer me if you think this is a contributor.  When I do maintenance on the registry using CCleaner, I noticed that several lines dealing with Mcafee are deleted.  They are:

McAfeeinstaller

mc-launch.exe

mc-update.exe

MSC-mcafee.ico

Note: I would have given you the entire coded line, but I could not copy them from the CCleaner page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community