cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 17

Re: McAfee technician remote accessed my computer last night, wondering how to check if they were legit?

Jump to solution

But have you got your original issue fixed?

monolocco
Former Member
Message 12 of 17

Re: McAfee technician remote accessed my computer last night, wondering how to check if they were legit?

Jump to solution

NOPE!!! lol. They said they would talk to the other techs and get back to me about this problem as they need to check it out more.

But it's OK it doesn't really do anything to my computer it justs an annoying pop up from time to time.

Here is a pic of my problem..

Problem.png

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 17

Jump to solution

There are 2 and only 2 posts re this issue. Other post did not reply to mods comments.

Very rare to occur and I assume Mcafee shows green on your PC all through the popup? See what they say and let me know the solution please.

monolocco
Former Member
Message 14 of 17

Jump to solution

Hey this happens while I am on my desktop not while browsing the net.

So I cannot see any green or anything.

I have ran spybot ,malwarebytes, mcafee. I have also uninstalled them all to see that those were the problems (I mean spybot and malwarebytes) but it still pops up.

Also mcafee has been uninstalled fully and deleted from registry and made a clean install and nothing same thing.

Like I said it just pops up from time to time and it does not seem to do any mayor damage or cause problems. It's just annoying.

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 17

Jump to solution

Yeah that was what the other poster saw no real effect on the PC. See what the techs say.

Soaring
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Re: McAfee technician remote accessed my computer last night, wondering how to check if they were le

Jump to solution

I gave a mcafee technician access to my computer. How can I verify if he was legitimate? 

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 17

Re: McAfee technician remote accessed my computer last night, wondering how to check if they were le

Jump to solution

How did you contact McAfee. Was it via the support page where you fill in your details and get given a number to call or via the chat link posted in various posts here by mods.

You would have been given a job number if so post it here and a mod can verify it.

Also not a good idea to post on an old thread as thee posts get missed sometimes. Best to make a new post.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community