cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbson150
Former Member
Message 1 of 18

McAfee says my computer is at risk even though I bought a new subscription.

McAfee says I have been 72 days at risk even though it has only said my computer was at risk for the last two weeks or so. I went on and bought a subscription for my computer even though I already had a subscription for it. I re-downloaded the software and it still says my computer is unprotected and that it is deactivated. I don't really know what to do.

17 Replies
PrakashMcAfee
Contributor III
Message 2 of 18

Re: McAfee says my computer is at risk even though I bought a new subscription.

Hi,

I would like to know some information before we proceed further.

1. Type of your Operating system with service pack details (Ex :windows Xp,Windows Vista ,Windows 7).
  2. Want is Name of the package (EX : Total Protection,virus scan ....etc).
  3. Have you done any haradware changes most recently (EX :System restore ,Reformate,.....etc).
tbson150
Former Member
Message 3 of 18

My operating system is windows 7 (64bit).It says AntiVirus Plus is my product. The only thing I have done recently was update my video drivers.

user_107544
Contributor III
Message 4 of 18

Hi tbson150,

I understand the problem according to what you have said , i am here to sort this out for you.

Please try the following :

>First check if date and time are correct, if not correct change it accordingly. To change it double right click on the time and follow on-screen instructions, apply the settings before closing the window.

>Open McAfee product installed on your computer and update the software.

>Video drivers shouldn't conflict with McAfee software's expiration date or anything else with McAfee.

Please do post back the result, good luck.

Message was edited by: Rakesh P on 1/27/11 11:04:07 AM GMT-06:00
PrakashMcAfee
Contributor III
Message 5 of 18

Hi,

Please try following Trouble shooting steps.

Step 1:  Enable the Folder option Use the following link to do that : LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS

Step 2: Follow the Trouble Shooting steps In this given link : Subscription Tool

Step 3 : Ran update in McAfee and Reboot the computer.

on 1/27/11 11:35:52 AM CST

Message was edited by: Aldrin on 28/1/11 4:59:04 AM IST
tbson150
Former Member
Message 6 of 18

The date on my computer is currently January 27th, 2011 and the time is 12:38, which is correct for my timezone. I checked for updates on the product and it said that everything was up to date. Nothing changed though

tbson150
Former Member
Message 7 of 18

I enabled the folder option the way the site told me to. But when I tried to access the navigation part of McAfee all of the text is greyed over and cannot be clicked on for some reason, so I skipped that task and went to the folder location and tried to change the name but for some reason I did not have administrator access. Even though this is my laptop with only one user on it which has full access.

PrakashMcAfee
Contributor III
Message 8 of 18

Hi,

I hope we have to uninstall and reinstall McAfee which could help us to fix the problem..

Step 1: Ran McAfee Removal Tool : MCPR.exe

Step 2: Reboot the computer and Ran McAfee Preinstall tool

Step 3: Install McAfee as per give instruction : Installation

Dinz
Former Member
Message 9 of 18

Hey tbson150,

I suspect we have an accout merging issue happening here, could you please run McAfee virtual technician from here http://mvt.mcafee.com and post me your session id here so that we could track down your account details that would help us proceed further with this.

IdrisMohammed
Former Member
Message 10 of 18

Hi Greetings...

As Dinz  there might be some kind of account related issues may be a problem here. we need to deactivate your older machines and guess need to activate new ones. please run MVT and post the session id so that we can trace your account information and  deactivate the older ones also please provide us your computer name along with the session ID.

Computer name can be found by: right clcik on my computer>properties>computer name.

If your not comfortable providing your computer name here you can contact Free email and chat on http://service.mcafee.com/ so that they can resolve it right away.

Regards

Idris

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community