cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwt88
Former Member
Message 11 of 17

Re: McAfee not working!

nothing happened Jacob and yeah ball thats how my mcafee looks. I called support and he did a teamviewer ((was not teamviewer thoug)) session and said he fixed the issue but it still persists. Not sure what to do I have class all day tomorrow so ill try and call support again I guess

bballlova99
Former Member
Message 12 of 17

Can you post the solution if you figure this out? Thanks.

nehalreads
Former Member
Message 13 of 17

rwt88

Can you please provide me your email address which is associated with McAfee ? . Let me have a look in your session with us and i will get back to you personally. You can send me ypour email address via private message or through private mail.

rwt88
Former Member
Message 14 of 17

This is what the tech told me to do:

1. She ran MVT which found a registry error and fixed it

2. She downloaded and ran the fix for the white screen issue

3. She restared computer

4. As soon as she was able she opened Mcafee, while everything was all green she did check for update and downloaded update

5. After the update she ran update again to make sure all was downloaded

6. She ran a quick scan

7. During the quick scan she deleted all %temp% files

8. Quick scan found no infections or anything

Finally she noted that if real time scanning does not start to run updates manually because sometimes automatic updates does not work and then makes real time scanning not start I hope this worked as it has been VERY annoying.... @ Jacob if you would still like me to provide you with email I will do such though the issue may be resolved, I will post back and mark as answered if it does not persist

nehalreads
Former Member
Message 15 of 17

Please do. If the issue persist. Let me know.

bballlova99
Former Member
Message 16 of 17

I will try turning automatic updates off. If the problem persists after today I will let both you and Mr. Jacob know.

nehalreads
Former Member
Message 17 of 17

rwt88 and bballlova99

It would be appreciate if you could provide me your contact number with time zone and email address which is with McAfee. That i can contact you both and confirm the status and i can fix it. Requesting you to provide your detail's via private message or email. I will make sure that the issue is resolved.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community