Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enc
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee installation Problem

Hi ,

I got McAfee free 6 months subscription. When i log in my account , i downloaded that DMSetup.exe setup file for the installation. When i double click on it, shows an error that "That McAfee Encountered a serious Problem". What can i do????

When i run "McAfee Virtual Technician", it shows some errors and it fix it all the errors. The error are,(i)"DNS Catche Clear", (ii) Temp File Cleaning.... After this also i can't install that. Why this is happening like this???? Please help me to install the McAfee.....

3 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee installation Problem

Hi,

You can try following these steps:

1. Manually disable script debugging in Internet Explorer by following the below steps:

Start Internet Explorer.

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

On the Advanced tab, under the Browsing section, click to select the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) check box and the Disable script debugging (Other) check box if it is present.

Click OK, and then restart your computer.

2.   Download and run the McAfee Pre-Install Tool using the below link and then try the McAfee product installation:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

Also, kindly update us with the following details:

Operating System: (Windows XP/ Vista / Windows 7)

Browser Version: (IE 7 / IE 8 / IE 9 / Firefox / Google Chrome)

McAfee Product: (Total Protection / Internet Security / Virus Scan / McAfee Security Scan)

MVT Session ID:

on 3/29/11 1:57:49 AM CDT
enc
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

HI JaiPrakash,

Thanks for your instructions........I followed the instructions given by you. But again i am getting the same error as "McAfee Integrated Security Platform Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvinience"...... I attached the image in this ...... Plaese help me......

Message was edited by: enc on 4/4/11 7:28:22 AM CDT
ravengb
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi JailPrakash,I have 2 computers, 1 with XP and laptop with Vista Home, the 1rst one I installed the Mcafee Internet Security, manually, I meant from the CD, since my internet is really slow. Now, from Vista, when I install from the CD McAfee starts the instalation, but goes right through the internet to install and update at the same time. My internet is SUPER SLOW, tryed that for 4 days, but went to 80% completed and then died off. Well, I want the software install the basic settings from the CD and then update later. On XP, appeared an window that I had 2 options, automatically through the internet or manually, which means install first and update later, right? But on Vista doesn't show these two options, just the first one. Can u understand what I meant? I tryed to solve this problem with McAfee and they said to start from the CD?!?!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community