cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehorne
Former Member
Message 1 of 15

McAfee icons in Outlook 2007 toolbar addin changed color to a strange purple

I don't know if this is related to the IE9 beta or the latest update from McAfee (10.5) but the icons in the McAfee toolbar look very strange.

If absolutely necessary I'll supply a screen shot but first would like to know if anyone else has this issue?

Thanks, Dave Horne

14 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 15

Re: McAfee icons in Outlook 2007 toolbar addin changed color to a strange purple

Dave – do you mean to say that you have Internet Explorer 9.0 (beta) installed in your computer?

davehorne
Former Member
Message 3 of 15

Re: McAfee icons in Outlook 2007 toolbar addin changed color to a strange purple

Yes, I have IE9 of the beta flavor on my computer.  (I mostly use FireFox and the IE is for my wife.)

I also noticed the background on one SideBar gadget has a new background 'space\holder' but only when the mouse cursor hovers over it.

I seem to recall not all that long ago there was an issue with the then latest IE browser or beta version (IE) (or was that the SP1 in Vista?) that caused a blank window for McAfee SecCen ... and that's why I mentioned that in my initial post.  I'm sure ExBrit remembers this.

There seems to be no adverse effects to this strange background color to the McAfee icon in Outlook 2007, I was just wondering who else had this and perhaps what we had in common.

Message was edited by: davehorne on 12/16/10 2:06:45 PM CST
davehorne
Former Member
Message 4 of 15

I have a fair amount of free time and uploaded a screen shot of the McAfee icons in Outlook 2007.

Message was edited by: davehorne on 12/16/10 6:10:38 AM CST
hwedin
Former Member
Message 5 of 15

Hi

I've just got this problem after the latest update (which required a restart), but everything else seems ok

davehorne
Former Member
Message 6 of 15

To be clear, you still have the purple background for those McAfee \ Outlook icons even after the reboot?

hwedin
Former Member
Message 7 of 15

Yes, I still have purple icons after the initial reboot. I have rebooted since then, and still the pink glow!

davehorne
Former Member
Message 8 of 15

Thanks for making that clear for me.

Well, it seems we have an issue and it would be great if someone from McAfee at least acknowledges this issue.

Anyone?

Message was edited by: davehorne on 12/16/10 5:28:42 PM CST
ShawnWallace
Former Member
Message 9 of 15

Thanks for the information, we're looking into it.

hcheng
Former Member
Message 10 of 15

can you provide some details about your system?

Windows version, outlook version, Anti-Spam version, 32bit or 64bit system?

thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community