Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 16

RE: False Positive - t2p_live_v12.exe

There seems to have been some confusion created here as to exactly which problem was supposed to have been cured in todays DAT.

Question, was it the PowerDVD as per the original poster's subject line or was it the t2p_v12_live.exe that was later added on to the thread.

This is why it is always best to create a new thread for a new problem.

Can Brookz or anyone clarify please?

In the meanwhile please continue reporting false positives to Avert as per http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=228162
EdgarT
Former Member
Message 12 of 16

The new update worked for me.

I had this problem yesterday, and today I was able to re-install the program.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 16

RE: The new update worked for me.

Guys,

Anybody getting that W32/IRCbot.gen.z detection on a legitimate application would see the issue resolved on DAT 5623 onwards...

If you still feel that you have an issue. try re-installation of the affected application after a reboot.. If it is still getting picked up
submit a copy of that file to www.webimmune.net
DX30
Former Member
Message 14 of 16

FYI - As of today I am no longer seeing the Artemis!324CEC27B448 virus report either, so I am able to run PowerDVD again. Thanks for the help.
pabs
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Seems to be ok now, restored PowerDVD.exe and scanned it and all is well, thanks to those who got this fixed so promptly.

best regards

pabs
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 16

OK am closing this as it seems to be solved. Mailtocharel, I see you have your own thread anyway, so that's OK.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community