Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcg21
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

McAfee at&t download issues

Jump to solution

So I recently had to totally restore my system due to viruses on my computer and I've got everything besides for McAfee up and running.

I have the free McAfee that at&t users get and everytime I go to download it gets to the point where it starts to download the actual security stuff this screen pops up saying

"We couldn't install any of the security features with your software. To fix this you can: 1) Try installing them again 2) Run McAfee Virtual Technician"

I've run the Virtual Technician like 4 times and tried reinstalling them like 5 times.

When I've run the Virtual Technician the following problems have come up: 1)Clear DNS cache 2)Clear Temporary internet files 3)Unable to download files from McAfee server 4)Clear McAfee cookies 5)Clear Temporary folders.

Every problem except the one about downloading from the server are always fixed when I run the Techncian.

Can someone help me because this is really frustrating?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee at&t download issues

Jump to solution

If you are certain that you have done everything listed in this document then please try to uninstall your software via Add/Remove program and reboot. Next step is to go to Useful links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool which will remove any remaining traces of McAfee that might have been corrupted from your virus issue(s) and reboot again.

Follow the instructions in this link to prepare your computer for the installation of your software and be sure to run the McAfee preinstall tool which is included in the link.http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119

Login to your McAfee account and download and install your software and let us know if it works for you.

Good Luck

on 9/25/10 8:30:07 PM EDT

View solution in original post

4 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

If you are certain that you have done everything listed in this document then please try to uninstall your software via Add/Remove program and reboot. Next step is to go to Useful links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool which will remove any remaining traces of McAfee that might have been corrupted from your virus issue(s) and reboot again.

Follow the instructions in this link to prepare your computer for the installation of your software and be sure to run the McAfee preinstall tool which is included in the link.http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119

Login to your McAfee account and download and install your software and let us know if it works for you.

Good Luck

on 9/25/10 8:30:07 PM EDT
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

In addition as you tried install good to run the removal tool MCPR from the useful links tab above. Also read

https://community.mcafee.com/message/145098

mcg21
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thank you k3tg for all of that information it was very helpful and now I've McAfee downloaded and running.

Also, thank you Peacekeeper for the help even though k3tg's help was enough to fix my problem.

Message was edited by: mcg21 on 9/25/10 10:57:06 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

No problem mine was only a backup option

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community