cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daisey
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee and windows incompatibility

I was in a windows trouble shoot program because I'm having problems installing certain updates for windows vista.Windows program said that McAfee Total Protection program was not compatible with windows.I never read this on the box when I bought McAfee Total Protection Program and has anyone read or heard of this? If so what is the problem? Is it firewall problem or other and what can I do about it? If not why is it saying this? I don't use Beta version of McAfee program. I use regular program for what McAfee box said is for windows.  Thank you, D

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee and windows incompatibility

Moved this to SecurityCenter as a more appropriate spot to get help.

It is compatible with Vista SP1 and upwards, preferably SP2 of course and both x86 and x64 versions.

What it may not be compatible with is other security software that is or was installed or an unpatched version of Vista...make sure that all updates are installed, including those for parts of the system you may not use (IE for instance, but you can ignore language packs in Ultimate version of course).

Free Technical Support is available by phone or online chat via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Supported Operating Systems

• Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit)
  • Windows Vista SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
  • Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
  • Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit) (with upcoming update)
  • 512 MB RAM for XP
  • 2 GB RAM for Vista and Windows 7
  • 500 MB free drive space
  • 1 GHz processor

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/10/12 10:24:16 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community