cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HUNTER
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

McAfee Virtual Technician

This is what I get when I try to use MVT  "MVT cannot continue until you have rebooted your PC to finish your McAfee VT Product upgrade.  MVT will resume after you reboot your system."

So when I reboot my system MVT will not work because it hasn't realized that my PC has been rebooted. Can someone help me with this minor issue. Has someone encountered this problem before? Would greatly appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance

Hunter

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Nora
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Virtual Technician

I have the exact same problem...any suggestions?

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

HI Hunter & nora,

Are you logging inn as the administrator at the time you are using Mcafee Virutal Technician.

If so ; try running mvt from http://mvt.mcafee.com and let me know if you encounter any issues.

Note : This thread is been moved to security center

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

Nora
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thank you Dinesh...I uninstalled MVT that wasn't working via add/remove.  I turned off my PC totally and waited about 1/2 hr.  then I rebooted. I installed again as per your instructions and the installation showed "successfully installed".  I then rebooted and from the shortcut that was installed on my desktop I double clicked and got the same message "MVT could not continue until you have rebooted, etc.etc."  I have no idea after many reboots why MVT would not run.  I also tried from "all programs".  Yes, I'm logging in as the administrator.  It has always worked in the past and I have been using McAfee for about two years plus.  Awaiting your reply.  Thank you in advance.   Nora

Nora
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hello Dinesh:-

As I have not seen any more suggestions as to why MVT won't install after rebooting

I am beginning to wonder if there is anything else that might be going on????  I have run

a couple of anti-spyware clean -up utilities and all seems to be fine.  Are Hunter and I the

only ones having this problem?  Nora 

Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hi Nora,

What you could possibly do is remove the MVT from the computer.Create a new Admin profile in windows. Try installing MVT from the  new user profile and check if that works.

Before you can do the above steps , try to remove MVT and install it back without restarting the computer and check if it work.If it does not work then proceed with the above steps.

Regards,

Mohan.B

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community