Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kidd
Former Member
Message 1 of 20

McAfee Virtual Technician

Jump to solution

I downloaded 'O2 McAfee Internet Security 10' 3 days ago and noticed it hasn't updated (they're turned on).

I ran V/T and it informed me that no McAfee products are installed So am I protected??? The first scheduled

scan didn't start on time so I ran a full scan, after it finished the scheduled scan decided to run???

I'd waited for over an hour for the scheduled scan to run before running it manualy (and my clock is right!)

Also on O2's McAfee v9 it had O2 on the top, v10 doesn't, also says it will expire in 15 days but read an ealier

post over that. I quite like v10 (less running processes and faster startup from icon). So what's with V/t

telling me it's not installed??

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LakshmiSrinivas
Contributor III
Message 18 of 20

Re: McAfee Virtual Technician

Jump to solution

Hi Kidd,

Thanks for the attachments. I understood why MVT is not detecting the products. 

It is because MVT support for affid 571 'O2' is not yet added.   We are working on supporting the partners for this 2010 release phase wise.

Once the support is added, MVT will detect all the products. 

I will discuss about this with the Partner Engineering team and find out their plan for this affid 571 'O2' 

lakshmi

View solution in original post

19 Replies
user_135799
Former Member
Message 2 of 20

Jump to solution

What is the type of Operating system ? ( Windows XP / Windows VISTA / Windows 7 )

What is the type of internet connection ? ( DSL / Dial-up / Cable / Wireless / Satellite )

right click on the M icon in the bottom and check whether you see something that says product setup

Follow the registration process

Once Registration is completed, update mcafee

Once update is completed

Restart the computer and run Mcafee Virtual Technician

If the issue still exists get back to us

Kidd
Former Member
Message 3 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi Yoga, thanks for the reply, using xp sp3 O2 broadband (11m connection). No setup option on right-click icon, sub verified with McAfee

run a re-install, V/T still insists no McAfee! Here's an image of part of info screen and McAfee running processes.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi,

The logic used by Virtual technician to detect if products are present, is dependent on Microsoft scripting. The current error should read that scripting is having an issue.

If the MVT report displays a No McAfee products found message, when in fact they are installed, try the following:

1. Remove any other security software installed on the computer .
2. Click Start, Run, type CMD, and press ENTER.
    For Vista/Win 7 : Click the Windows button, type CMD in the Search box, right-click CMD, and select Run As Administrator.
3. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press ENTER.
4. Click OK.
5. Type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press ENTER.
6. Click OK.
Try MVT again from http://mvt.mcafee.com

Do report back if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Dinesh K

user_135799
Former Member
Message 5 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi,

Open your internet explorer , hold the ALT key and press H you can see the help menu, clck on the abot internet explorer

Make a note of

version
Cipher Strength
Product ID
Update Version  (Edited by Mod )

If you see the versions then,

reset the internet explorer

(If it is IE7 or IE8 Open IE -> Tools -> Internet Options->Advanced-> click the reset button)

(If it is IE6 Open IE -> Tools -> Internet Options->Programs->Reset Web settings)

Close your internet explorer

Open mcafee, click on PC optimisation, click on quick clean, to the right hand side, under quick clean, click on the clean option

(Note If you are doing the quick clean for first time you will see settings, click on it, uncheck registry alone and have check mark in everything else

click on save, then you will get clean option click on clean)

Click on yes, once it is over, restart the computer

Perform the full scan

If again it is going to get stuck in any location

it will display the location, browse to the location and perform scan, by right clicking on the location and left click on scan

Restart the computer

If it still exist get back to us with the path mentioned.

Message was edited by: Dinz for security purpose on 2/25/10 10:08:55 AM GMT-06:00
Kidd
Former Member
Message 6 of 20

Jump to solution

Just noticed V/T doesn't cover security center v10 (image1), and I don't have PC Optimisation (image 2). Update just stays on 'Checking for uptates'. Virus Scan dat  version is 5899.

Kidd
Former Member
Message 7 of 20

Jump to solution

Virus Scan just updated to version 5900 so I assume all is ok. I'd been worried that it wasn't updating but seems ok.

Kidd
Former Member
Message 8 of 20

Jump to solution

Scheduled scan has not started again!!!!! was set to run at 04.00, waited until 04.40, still nothing so I'm running a manual scan!! I set my scans to run wed-fri-sun at 04.00, never had a problem with v9. And the clock's right!!

Kidd
Former Member
Message 9 of 20

Jump to solution

Scheduled scan started after manual scan again!! Whats happening????????

Kidd
Former Member
Message 10 of 20

Jump to solution

I scheduled a scan at 8.00 this morning, it started at 8.35 ????

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community