Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1 of 9

McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) reports a problem with computer's date and time

Hello,

MVT repeatedly reports a problem regarding my computer's date and time:

Top Issue: Problem: Your computer's date and/or time is not correct, which may cause issues with McAfee products. Your computer's date and time will be corrected.

This correction offered does NOT take place!! Each MVT check results in this same error message.

My PC is a DELL XPS on Win7 with 4GB RAM

I checked the sync function against an internet time server.

And I could successfully synchronize with internet time server time.nist.gov (and others offered in the pull down menu)

snyc is scheduled on a regular basis

Time_Sync_Screenshot_131213.jpg

Despite this the virtual technician insists on an error. See screenshot in previous discussion.

The time zone on my PC is set correctly to UTC+1 as I live in Germany.

Time_Zone_Setting_131213.jpg

So: Why is McAfee Virtual technician still saying this?????

Top Issues 1 Top Issue(s)
Top Issue: Problem: Your computer's date and/or time is not correct, which may cause issues with McAfee products. Your computer's date and time will be corrected.

Thanks for your support

Michael

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) reports a problem with computer's date and time

It appears that you posted this at 0700 Monday my time which would be 1200 yours and your clock read 2135 plus it's 16 Dec and that reads 13 Dec......are you sure it;'s accurate?  Or did you take those screen shots on Friday?   In this case I think your best approach would would be to go straight to Technical Support.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9

Re: McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) reports a problem with computer's date and time

Hi Peter.

Those screenshots were taken last week already.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

The time difference between Toronto and Hamburg is 6 hours, by the way.

I prefer to get response in a written form rather than talking to someone on the phone.

My experiences with phone support in the recent days were not encouraging ...

Brgds

Michael

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Yes you are right and having lived in the UK and Europe over the years I should have known that.  I had only just arisen from bed so my brain wasn't fully functional.  Now that I've had a coffee I realise my mistake.   You know that you can always ask Support to escalate your case to a higher level?     But this actually could simply be a problem with MVT itself.   It does occasionally happen but only support would know for sure. 

My only suggestions are 1) make sure that you are using a freshly downloaded MVT.  2) Try altering the time to something totally wrong and then back again. and 2) you could try the long route and uninstall every part of McAfee via Control Panel > Programs, then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot, then reinstall from your online account.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

Other posts for this same issue are appearing so I think it's a problem that you can disregard as it's MVT's fault.

I'm emailing my contacts at McAfee about it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/12/13 12:13:25 EST PM
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

Thanks, Peter. I will check the 'time problem' with MVT in the nex couple of days.

Brgds

Michael

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

OK, good luck Michael. 😉

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

the error message is gone now.

To get that far I processed these steps

Deinstall McAfee Security Center

reboot

Run MCPR to clean everything

reboot

Run registry cleaner

reboot

Install McAfee Security Center WITHOUT the McAfee firewall

Install and run MVT

I now get another error message by MVT, but this message is gone now:

Your computer's date and/or time is not correct, which may cause issues with McAfee products. Your computer's date and time will be corrected.

Thanks.

Michael

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

The obersvation:

Your computer's date and/or time is not correct, which may cause issues with McAfee products. Your computer's date and time will be corrected.

was an MVT programming issue which is being worked on apparently.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community