cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaDes
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

McAfee Totatl Protection 2009 pop up errors.

Well this is my first time posting on the forms so ill try to do my best to explain the problems that im having. I recently purchased my computer along with McAfee Total Protection 2009 ever since the installation i have been recieving 3 pop up error messages. The error messages read as such "Synchronization Application stopped working and was close, Windows will notify you if a solution is available" this error occurs sometimes at random but always when i try to update MSC. Another error that im getting is "McAfee Virus Map Reporting module stopped working and was close, etc." this one can also be at random times as well. And the 3rd is McAfee Security Center Instrumentation stopped working and was closed, etc." this one will usually occur shortly after i log on to my computer, or when im browsing the web.

Ive been browsing through the forms and saw a thread "Latest McAfee prevents NTD software from working on Vista" the links that were in that thread would also not allow me to load those web pages, but that site advisor has not really with held me from accessing any other web sites besides the two links located there. Ive spoke with dell xps tech, ive spoke with chat support on McAfee website, and ive also spoke with a T2 which none could solve my problem. I was told the this issue is currently being worked on but there is no time frame as to which it will be solved. If you know of any solutions that may possibly work it would be much appreciated. Also i am on Windows Vista and i have tried reinstalling the program as well already, it appeared as though the MCPR.exe file was not removing all of the McAfee files. Please Help.
Labels (1)
15 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 16

RE: McAfee Totatl Protection 2009 pop up errors.

The message you received was correct.
the issue is under work....
as of now you don't need to worry this issue will not affect the functionality of software and/or windows
rpbryan
Former Member
Message 3 of 16

virus map reporting module stopped working and was closed

I have this same problem on my Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista Basic. It's aggravating to see the messages keep popping up. AT least the issue is being addressed and I'm not the only one.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 16

RE: virus map reporting module stopped working and was closed

Yes and everthing will work ok except the error;)
evansmummy
Former Member
Message 5 of 16

I have had the same problem on my Dell Inspiron 1525 since the end of September. It happens multiple times a day and, obviously, has become quite annoying. When will a fix for this issue be available? It's reached the point where I'm considering cancelling the remainder of my subscription and using a different total protection product.
rpbryan
Former Member
Message 6 of 16

Has there been any progress on resolving the cause of these error messages? It seems very unprofessional.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Its been fixed and a patch is due soon ( well.. soon could be a month or two thanks to all those testings and things) ....... happy
rpbryan
Former Member
Message 8 of 16

Thanks, I hope I will get a notification, or that it will download with mcafee updates.
tommiy2
Former Member
Message 9 of 16

These errors are extremely annoying....multiple times a day...when is the fix due its been almost 3 months since the first reprot of the problem.
tommiy2
Former Member
Message 10 of 16

sorry about the repeative request but I've had 9 errors relating to this threads in a single hour this morning.....its getting to the point I'd rather remove the program than continue having the errors repeat especially if there is no prospect that this is going to be corrected in any time soon. If its another 2 months I'd rather refund and purchase a different product. Please provide a date for hen this will be fixed so I can make a commercial decision upon. Thanks.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community