cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dummkopf
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

McAfee Total Protection on Vista (64-bit) Question

I apologize if someone has already asked this, but a search of the subject didn't quite answer my question. It's sort of a silly question, but I wanted to make sure before investing in a new computer.

Does anyone know if McAfee Total Protection can be installed on the 64-bit version of Windows and if any major problems exist after installation?

Many thanks.
8 Replies
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 2 of 9

RE: McAfee Total Protection on Vista (64-bit) Question

The most current version is compatible with Vista 64-bit.... In general there are no "mojor problems", but it always depends on the configuration of the computer and of course.... the person at the keyboard... grin
Cute username though...;)
dummkopf
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Thank you.
Everest
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Sir
Kindly please let me know, how to verify that the McAfee Total Protection 2009 Suite purchased will install on Windows XP 64 Bit, Actually my friend has purchased the Suite and trying to install this version on the OS, but unable to achieve this

Please help us what we are missing or anything

Waiting for your reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

It is NOT compatible with XP 64-bit, sorry. None of the home products are.

Just click "System Requirements" on any of the product pages to find out that informations.

http://ca.mcafee.com/root/offer/default.asp?id=106742&affid=0&cid=0&lpname=offer%5F10674%2Easp&qty=1...=

• Microsoft® Windows 2000 (32-bit) with Service Pack 4 (SP4) or higher,
  • Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher,
  • Windows Vista (32- or 64-bit) and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
  • 800 X 600 or higher resolution
  • 256 MB RAM
  • 75 MB of available free drive space
  • Internet connection
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
  • Optional: Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later

Supported Email Programs

• POP3 – Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird; Japanese only: Shuriken, Becky and PostPet
  • MAPI – Outlook
  • Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access

Required For Anti-Spam Toolbar Plug-In

• Outlook Express 6.0 or later
  • Outlook 2000 or later
  • Eudora 6.0 or later
  • Thunderbird 1.0 or later
  • Anti-Spam also supports any other POP3 email client (without SSL) and Web accounts (MSN/Hotmail paid accounts and accounts with POP3 access)

Everest
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Thank You Sir for you replies

Actually i have written the question regarding a previous post where it is said that "The most current version is compatible with Vista 64-bit" i also searched the Internet for the same but unable to find the Total Protection Suite 2009 for XP 64 bit and kindly please let me know whether there is any information regarding the 64-bit antivirus or say the Total Protection Suite for Win XP 64 bit by McAfee

Thanks happy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

There is no such thing as Total Protection for XP 64-bit - not in the home products at least and the corporate products, if they exist in that category, have to be bought in large quantities.

The home products are only compatible with XP 32-bit, but are compatible with Vista 64-bit.

I suggest you use a Google search for XP 64-bit compatible anti-virus applications.
Everest
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Thanks Sir
Kindly please let me know that in future, is there any Total Protection Suite from McAfee Stable for the Win XP or Vista 64 bit or not
Thanks again for the info happy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

I've already stated it. None of the McAfee home products will ever support XP x64, they support ONLY XP x86 (32-bit).

They DO support Vista x86 (32-bit) & x64 (64-bit).
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community