cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrelle
Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Issue

Somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one stuck on .4121.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 24

The Spinning wheel issue should be resolved in the v14.0.5084/5120  builds. Please apprise us if your system Auto Updates today to Engine Version 2418.0. Which should occur later this afternoon.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Hi catdaddy,

My McAfee updated to engine version 2418.0 earlier today, but this was following a manual update.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 24

Thanks ,

Mine Auto Updated @ 5:19 pm to 2418.0 as well. Thank you for your input. Please let us know if your 'Spinning Wheel' issue has been resolved.

All the very Best,

CD/Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
patrelle
Contributor
Message 15 of 24

I still have the following:

• McAfee Security Center 
  • Version; 14.0
  • Build: 14.0.4121 (since 10/9/15)

According to a telecom with McAfee Tier 2 Tech Support, they are supposedly rolling out a new software version in a few weeks.  If/when that happens, it will be interesting to see if the auto update/spinning wheel issues are resolved.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 24

If the Version/Build you receive is at the minimum 14.0.5084/5120 you can be self -assured it is indeed patched/fixed.

I am running 14.0.6120 myself, and no issues at all.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
patrelle
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

I was recently updated to Version 14.0.6136 pm 1/6/16.  I was hoping this would fix the 'update' issue.  Yesterday, McAfee updated automatically.  Today, I had to update 'manually'.  The good news is, I did not need to uncheck 'access protection'. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with auto updates.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 24

Generally McAfee Polls for updates every (4) hours. I am running the same MSC Version/Build as you 14.0.6136 and todays Engine Version was a tad later than usual. Around 6:00pm (EST) I was Auto Updated to 2492.0.

Having said that, it could possibly very well have been the case for you as well. Give it a chance to (Auto-Update) tomorrow and see if it functions properly.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
patrelle
Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Thanks for your reply, CD.  I live in California.  I will wait until 4 or 5 pm PST tomorrow to see if auto update occurs.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 24

You are quite welcome Let us know tomorrow how it goes.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community