cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobbieW64
Former Member
Message 11 of 64

RE: refund

OK, just reran MVT and the Session ID: 17108409.

And as far as having any other security software installed, all I have is the stuff that comes with Windows, and the first chat Tech downloaded and installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 12 of 64

hi,

thanks for posting the session ID...

here is the result...

1. mcshield - service state is incorrect
2. antispam file/forder permission incorrect

please try the following and check if it resolves the issue:

1. click start>start search>msconfig
2. under the general tab check if it is set to normal boot up... if not click on normal boot up then click apply and then ok/close, computer needs to be restarted... when you go back to windows try opening mcafee and check if it's already protected, else proceed to step 3

3. if yes (normal startup)... simply close system config, then click on start>start search>services.msc, check on the startup type for all mcafee entries... for those that are set to disabled/manual change them to automatic... then close the service locale window and restart the computer... open mcafee once you are in windows...

hope this helps...
RobbieW64
Former Member
Message 13 of 64

OK, i tried your suggestions and didn't help anything. Still lists the same problems.

I ran a new MVT and the session ID for that one was 17136524.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 14 of 64

do you have other security softwares installed in the computer? or did you use other security softwares in the past?
RobbieW64
Former Member
Message 15 of 64

No, as I stated previously. I do not have any other security software, other than what came with windows, and the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that the first chat tech downloaded and installed. And no this computer was only 3 days old when this problem started, so no I didn't have any other software on it before.
user_143685
Former Member
Message 16 of 64

did u say Malwarebytes Anti-Malware would fix this prob?
RobbieW64
Former Member
Message 17 of 64

No, it doesn't do anything to help at all. Only way I can get rid of the errors that come up listed, is to uninstall the Security center and reinstall it. But then the next day all errors return.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 64

Sorry to barge in but could you run MVT again and post a new session id for me.. i would like to compare the results with previous one..

moreover please mention the make of this computer ( is it via HP or Dell?)
beetlebug1999
Former Member
Message 19 of 64

Error message when downloading update

I have the same problem it downloads the updates and then I'm not protected. I've had mcafee on my computer since january and now I'm having this problem. I have no other virus protection programs or other such programs. Plus it worked for the past three months. I have auto updates for Windows......it's got to be a mcafee issue.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 64

RE: Error message when downloading update

hmmm....What was the last windows update that installed correctly
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community