I recently changed my Mcafee Securitycenter subscription to McAfee Total Protection (MTP). I'm experiencing 3 issues since then.
(1) The first issue is that my old subscription is no longer active, but I continue to receive messages that my subscription expired.
To mitigate this, I tried these steps:
- I uninstalled the old service and installed MTP. McAfee Total Protection then stated my subscription is active and expires in October 2018. This did not fix the issue.
- I then tried to repair Mcafee with Mcafee's repair tool, but this didn't fix it.
- Then I uninstalled Mcaffee, ran Mcafee's MCPR tool to remove any other files, and reinstalled Mcafee. This did not fix this issue, and I still get the message my subscription is expired.
Do you have any advice how to fix this issue?
(2) The second issue I'm facing is that my Mcafee webadvisor no longer screens each website in Firefox. I had this issue in the past in 2016, but a Mcafee update seemingly auto-fixed the issue.
This issue appeared as I tried to fix issue 1 above: it appeared after I uninstalled Mcafee completely, ran the MCPR tool and reinstalled Mcafee. My Firefox is up to date.
To mitigate this issue, I reinstalled Mcafee webadvisor, but it did not fix the issue.
(3) The third issue I am experiencing is that the Mcafee shortcut on my desktop just disappeared. This happened after I fully reinstalled Mcafee (as in, uninstalling Mcafee removed the icon, reinstalling Mcafee replaced the icon but only for about 20 minutes, and then after I restarted my computer the icon disappeared.).
- Do you have any advice on how to fix these problems?
Please let me know, as I'm really not sure what to do next.