cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kindaichi78
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

McAfee Internet Security 2012 scheduled scan does not start on schedule.

hey,

I have been having this problem. My scheduled scan does not start on time. Contacted the support for help but the solution they provided does not solve this issue. I have tried reinstalling the software but it's still the same.

this is what happened... i have scheduled a scan let's say Tuesday 10pm. But the scan would not start until some 4 hours later.

Is there a way to resolve this and have it start on time...?

Thanks.

Eddie

7 Replies
Manoj_AR
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee Internet Security 2012 scheduled scan does not start on schedule.

McAfee Schedule Scanner uses ‘Idle time detection’ even if you schedule the scan by 10 pm the computer should be idle from 9.45 (no mouse and key storks) then only the scan will initiate else it will post pond the scan.

What is the Operating System installed in your computer?

What is the version of McAfee Security Center?

kindaichi78
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Vista Home Premium

McAfee Internet Security 2012

the whole laptop was left idling the whole nite as i would be sleeping. since there is no keyboard/mouse activity, the scheduled scan should start right on schedule. but it did not. it was only some 4 hours later then the scheduled scan start.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 8

Ok sent you the workaround to avoid not starting on time. I am surprised re the 4hrs as the scan should start no more than +2hrs after the set time if the PC is still turned on. That setting I have confirmed in my testing. If you say at 1hr 30mins turn off the PC the 2hrs setting resets next time you boot. So you can get teh PC not scanning for days if you use teh PC for short periods.

2012 version out early next year has the option to disable the idle timer.

Manoj_Ar Even 1 spike to 11% cpu in the 10 minutes prior will reset the  idle timer. I have never had a scan start on time in the past 2 versions so this extra option in 2012 is helpful.

kindaichi78
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

i dont usually turn off my laptop over the nite when i go to bed. I would leave it on but close the lid, putting it into sleep mode. does this affect the start?

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 6 of 8

kindaichi78 wrote:

Vista Home Premium

McAfee Internet Security 2012

the whole laptop was left idling the whole nite as i would be sleeping. since there is no keyboard/mouse activity, the scheduled scan should start right on schedule. but it did not. it was only some 4 hours later then the scheduled scan start.

Hi kindaichi78,

What is the Service Pack Level for your Vista Home Premium?

kindaichi78
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

SP 2

Dinz
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Hi Kindaichi,

Have you contacted our tech support to take a look at the problem . Can you please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click on Technical support so as our technician could diagnose the issue and get it resolved for you .

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community