Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniellecarter
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

McAfee Installation Help, Please?

Jump to solution

I really really need some help on this, so if any one could help, I would be extremely thankful. Thank you in advance!

I'll try to make this asdetailed aspossible. Also, I have a ASUS Laptop (64 bit). I've had it for a month and the trial of McAfee had ran out.

Okay, so a few days ago (January 25th to be exact) I bought a one-year subsription for McAfee AntiVirus plus.

It opened fine and installed until it got to where I needed to restart my computer.

I restarted my computer, as directed, but McAfee never opened back up.

I went to where it was stored and manually opened it back up, but all I saw was the completely blank McAfee box for a few minutes.

Then, a warning box popped up that said "We're having trouble installing your McAfee software. Click OK and wait a  moment whilewe fix the issue. Once, fixed we will automatically continue your installation from where it left off".

I clicked the OK button.

Then, the main McAfee box said "We're having trouble installing your McAfee software. Please make sure you have JavaScript installed on your PC, and that it' working correctly. Learn more by visiting the McAfee support website at <Pretend this is the address of the McAffee Support website>"

I closed it, but it opens back up every few minutes with the same problem unless my computer is restarted.

I went to the McAfee support website, but it too said my JavaScript was turned off when I went to the Virtual Technician.

I preformed a JavaScript test. Several, actually. And only one of them confirmed that my JavaScript was working.

I went to my internet's settings (Internet Explorer 8), and it said that scripting was on. I turned it off, then on and restarted my computer.

I went  back and retested my JavaScript. It still said it wasn't working, so I looked up the problem onYahoo!Answers. Over half of the solutions were to switch one's preferred browser to FireFox, so I did install the latest version of it.

After FireFox was installed, I went back and took all the JavaScript tests. My computer passed every one, so I went and tried to install my software again. It still did not work.

I went back to the McAfee Virtual Technician. It said I needed to download the Virtual Technician, so I did.

When I opened ot up, a box popped up that said Virtual Technician. It was completely blank besides that.

It was open about six hours without change before I went to theMcAfee sight and downloaded it again. Still no change. I researched that problem, but nothing relevant came up.

I went to my McAfee profile, and downloaded my AntiVirus software again. The same problem continues.

If anyone has a solution, please help me. I have been without great virus protection for three days, and I would really like toget it back on my laptop because I am a poor student who can't afford to have to get my laptop professionally cleaned out or buy another subscrition of virus software. Thanks again!

-Danielle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee Installation Help, Please?

Jump to solution

Really feel you needed to uninstall fully the old version as per

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe and install from your account you or cd.

That said you can call customer service and they will assist you if you still need assistance.,

Re blank box

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101233

that might help as well

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Really feel you needed to uninstall fully the old version as per

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe and install from your account you or cd.

That said you can call customer service and they will assist you if you still need assistance.,

Re blank box

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101233

that might help as well

Raghavendra
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danielle,

Not sure if you tried below already.. If not, please do:

GO TO START > RUN

TYPE: CMD

TYPE: regsvr32 jscript.dll

ENTER

Note: If you are using operating system Vista and above, open the CMD prompt as Administrator and try above. Once done, run MVT and check.

Regards

Raghavendra

daniellecarter
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Well, it did solve the problem of the blank screen, so thanks a LOT, but now it says that I have the wrong version of windows (I have Windows 😎 but my origional problem was fixed so thanks again!

-Danielle

daniellecarter
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Well, my origional problem ws solved, but now it tells me that I have the wrong version of Windows. I have Windows 8, so does McAfee Antivirus plus not work with Widows 8?

-Danielle

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

11.6 and more so 12.1 works with win8. I am using 12.1 on win8 64bit as I type.  To get 12.1 you really need to download from your account esspecially from teh Au UK or Us servers to get 12.1. Updating from 11.6 tpo 12.1 can be problematic so I suggest a clean install.. If you have problems accessing your account contact support and they will help you.

daniellecarter
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Well, thanks to everyone. After several days of uninstalling and attempting to reinstall it, I finally got it to work. Thanks again!

-Danielle

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Glad it finally worked. I had 3 attempts with the 12.1 beta a while back. We never actually found the cause.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community