Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pouka
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee 3-User Total protection : activating 2nd license on another PC

Jump to solution

Hello.

I bought McAfee 3-User Total protection 2 years ago and have only one license active for my PC running on XP SP2. Now I use a new laptop with windows 7. This laptop has no antivirus protection at all, so I'd like to activate a 2nd McAfee Total Protection license fot it.

Problem: last time I sent an unprotected PC on the web it lasted 3 minutes and got infected before I had any chances to reach the McAfee site to buy a protection. I had to buy a Total Protection CD-Rom to install it before going to the web again (I still have this CD but it's 2 years old and certainly not compatible with Windows 7).

Is there a way to activate a 2nd license on my McAfee account for my laptop - without having this laptop coming in contact with the web ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee 3-User Total protection : activating 2nd license on another PC

Jump to solution

No, but Windows Firewall should protect you long enough to download and install the software.   I've never had problems doing it.  Just don't surf anywhere else until it's all set up.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

No, but Windows Firewall should protect you long enough to download and install the software.   I've never had problems doing it.  Just don't surf anywhere else until it's all set up.

Pouka
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks alot !!!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

You're welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community