cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D2IKTYPE
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Manage Network Map

This is a multiple query but interelated. This is a home network - one PC wired to the router and the rest wireless. Two Desktops and a Laptop have Security Center 9.15; Apple Laptop has Webroot. Authorized PCs not connected appear but display no IP until connected. The network map shows several "unknown" computers signed on to the network (IP assigned). The network is encrypted and password protected. How are the "unknowns" getting on? I have immediate access to all authorized computers and can physically confirm their status.
Some of the "unknowns" have the same IP as the authorized and there is a duplicate display of an "unknown". The display is the same in all my Security Center PCs. I do not want to hide the display; I want to remove the data and or kick off any intruder.
2 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: Manage Network Map

Hi,
Did you made any recent change to the network?
How many network devices are connected in the network?
Do we have the McAfee all the computer? Do you see the McAfee network map in all the computer?
D2IKTYPE
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

RE: Manage Network Map

Over time there have been changes to the network but the problem has been here since day one. It is only now that I have bothered to take the time to sort it out. The most recent change is going from DSL with a Linksys router to FIOS with a Verizon router.

The net - Gateway desktop/Vista hardwired to the router; Dell laptop/XP Home wireless; Dell desktop/XP Pro wireless (all have the latest McAfee Security Center); plus Apple Laptop (Webroot). An X-Box used the wireless net regularly and now an iPod uses it.

The net is paassword protected and encrypted.

thanks
Jorge
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community