cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 36

Re: MVT says firewall service is not running.

Jump to solution

It appears that this behavior is noticed in our Lab machines. I will update here as soon as I receive further info.

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 12 of 36

Jump to solution

Thank you. I'll stay tuned.

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 13 of 36

Jump to solution

Any new info on this? After a recent update requiring a restart, My FW core service now says disabled and status is still blank. As before, both SC(16.0.5) & WAC detect the Mc FW as running, and now no more flag by MVT.

Everything seems fine, maybe I'm just being too paranoid.I just find it odd it's not automatic/started.

Thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 36

Jump to solution

Will ask in our moderator phone call tomorrow if Selvan has not replied

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 36

Jump to solution

Hello All

This is now confirmed as a Design change and I will be sharing a Knowledge base article containing more information soon.

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 16 of 36

Jump to solution

Thanks Selvan, but the weirdness continues. Now my FW service is back to manual and now WAC is flagging for no AV, FW, and spyware protection (No help from MVT.) I'm gonna nuke the site from orbit then do a clean install.

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 36

Jump to solution

Probably a good idea that WAC issue has been around on startup on and off for ages. is/was this only on startup?

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 18 of 36

Jump to solution

PK- No, this remained long after startup. I do know what you mean though when there was a delay sometimes before WAC saw it. My nuke and fresh install looks to have fixed it.

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 36

Jump to solution

The old issue was WAC popped up at 2 mins after boot and disappeared at 5 minutes max after boot. It was a WAC bug we mods felt. I have not seen it happen recently.

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 20 of 36

Jump to solution

Yeah, I hadn't seen that in awhile either. This was obviously different lasting 30 minutes ( & reboot) before I used the nuclear option.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community