What gives?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sivasubramanian
Message 13 of 14

Re: MVT problems

Jump to solution

@Octopus 

Please uninstall and reinstall MVT. Check if the issue still persists.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Octopus
Contributor III
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Anyone?

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

@Octopus 

MVT issues or results need to be addressed by McAfee techs who are mods now here. They would note that session ID and be able to sort out what the issue is from that.

That said I would seriously consider a full clean uninstall using windows removal then reboot and run MCPR the removal tool Reboot and reinstall McAfee . That I feel the support staff would ask you to do first it fixing a lot of issues.

Removal of McAafee from a PC running Windows

Prepare PC to load McAfee using the preinstall tool

Octopus
Contributor III
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

Are you serious? I have to completly uninstall my mcafee and reinstall it? My mcafee seems to be working fine. If it wasn't for a random MVT scan I never would have known about these files that are supposedly missing. Could it not be simply an MVT issue? A complete uninstall and reinstall seems to be a bit extreme.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

That is  why my first comment was the mods need to look at the session is data

Usual fix for issues is reinstall but in case there is a mvt bug best check with mods or support first

Octopus
Contributor III
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

I did another scan and now it tells my my Webadvisor is missing the "XML" file and nothing else. When I scanned again it went back to the Virusscan/Firewall/Antispam files and not the webadvisor. It keeps alternating between that.  Yet everything seems to be working fine. I'm guessing its a problem with the MVT but I want to be sure.

Untitled.jpg

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

As I said I would call support actually I will ping a mod to help better idea

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

to call support if still an issue and if they scratching their head ask for an escalation to a higher level.

My ping was ignored unfortunately.tte

Octopus
Contributor III
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

Yeah it does seem pretty quit around here. This forum isn't as activate as it was in the past.

It still says the same thing but I'm sure its the MVT. My McAfee is working fine. One scan tells me my virusscan, firewall, and antispam are missing files while my webadvisor is OK. Then I'll scan 5 minutes later and it tells me my webadvisor is missing a file but my virusscan, firewall, and antispam are OK.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

Ran MVT today found no issues . I am running Livesafe 16.0.R19.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community