cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_eye
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

MVT (McAfee Virtual Technician) says no McAfee product is detected.

Jump to solution

It then proceeds to complete fixes, but it tells me (among other things) that the remote registry service is not running. Is this a McAfee service that should be running?  A screenshot of MVT after completing "fixes" is attached. All Windows updates have been installed; I am running Windows 7, Ultimate, 64 bit; never had an issue such as this with MVT, which had been running fine for at least the last year. The version I downloaded from the McAfee website is different than the previous version, and no other software has been changed on my system. I want MVT to confirm that my recent reinstallation of Total Protection is okay and without corruption, which is why I use MVT. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.Screenshot of MVT after "fixing" issuesScreenshot of MVT after "fixing" issues

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
christos
Contributor III
Message 11 of 12

Re: MVT (McAfee Virtual Technician) says no McAfee product is detected.

Jump to solution

Problem with MVT resolved

View solution in original post

11 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi there

It looks like ePO related files are present on your computer. ePO is an Enterprise version of McAfee Security and must be removed before installing Consumer products.

By any chance have you had this product (ePO) installed before on your PC?

the_eye
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Never! When McAfee support asked me to look at services to determine which I have now on my computer, I read the list, and they were satisfied I didn't have any Enterprise product. I have used ONLY McAfee Total Protection and McAfee Virus Scan (before it was named Total Protection). The present system was purchased in January of 2014, and I believe I have used Total Protection steadily since that date.  Here is a screen shot of the McAfee related services on my system. As you can see, there is nothing from any Enterprise related product. Also, I have used the MCPR to get rid of all McAfee products.  I don't know what else to do.

aaaaaaaa.JPG

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Thanks for the details. Please post back the ticket number that you received from McAfee Support, I'll review and get back with an update.

the_eye
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Thanks, Selvan, that ticket number is:  2564578297.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi there

It looks like our T2 has been trying to reach you, but couldn't. We will attempt to connect with you after the Holidays.

the_eye
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Okay - yes, I was not available until the present time. I hope to be back on schedule next week.  Thank you.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

hi

We are expecting a fix soon. Could you try reinstalling MVT and check if issue persists

christos
Contributor III
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

I also had this problem but  now resolved with new MVT

siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

@christos  Thank You.

Hi @the_eye 

Could you check and confirm if the issue with MVT is resolved.

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community