cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chitown
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

MCPR Removal Tool

I had an older McAfee program from another source and then I got the MSN McAfee that is offerered from Qwest and McAfee website used to have a MCPR removal tool to remove all of the McAfee program that could be left behind when you do a uninstall from Add/Remove Programs. This is all very helpful tool if you ever do a system restore to a past date since when you do that some of files are not fully removed and can cause problems with a reinstall of McAfee. My question is what happened to the MCPR McAfee Removal tool. The page comes up but with an error on the page. I know you have to have a removal tool in case people want to change to another AV program. I had to go into my computer and remove all of the McAfee folders before I reinstalled the MSN McAfee version. Please tell me if you have renamed it or where the McAfee Removal Tool can be found. Thank You
4 Replies
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

RE: MCPR Removal Tool

here is the article for the uninstallation and reinstallation of mcafee... mcpr link is in the document...

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

hope this helps...
hewer
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Re: RE: MCPR Removal Tool

We I have a clicked on the MCPR removal tool and it seems that the article was not found..

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

You've picked up an old thread here. I double-checked that document, and clicked on the MCPR link in it, and it downloaded. Want to try again?

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

Better still go to top of this page open useful links tab it is there.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community