cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wetmoref2
Contributor III
Message 1 of 5

MCAFEE FOLDER ON START BUTTON

Although I've deleted it SEVERAL times, that damn shortcut folder is consistently reinserting itself on the Start button [in the Programs list]. Though, the only shortcut within is the shortcut to "McAfee Total Protection" -- the same damn shortcut which is on the taskbar!

How do I get rid of this damn folder?!

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: MCAFEE FOLDER ON START BUTTON

Sorry but it is a known issue, however as it isn't a threat or major it may be some time before it's addressed.

If you need to get rid of a recurring desktop icon see this FAQ:

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100906&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Wait a minute, we already went through this.  I've already told you that it's a known issue, no solution yet.

Sorry.

Wetmoref2
Contributor III
Message 4 of 5

SIX YEARS AND STILL NO SOLUTION... AND I SEE THE DESKTOP ICON ISSUE IS STILL NOT RESOLVED!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Contact Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat.

Edit:  I believe that this was considered normal behaviour and work on it was stopped.  It's a normal Windows process that places it there as that is where the installed programmes are supposed to be displayed.

That's what Windows Start Menu is designed for.

I can't see the developers diverting resources to something like this when there are more important things needing attention.

If you don't like it then Technical Support may have a workaround. 

See the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/06/13 7:01:42 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community