Did you mean: 
ElaineQ
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

LiveSafe Reinstalled? Working or not?

Jump to solution

Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965.

McAfee 1.9.214 Release 16.0 R109.

My McAfee shortcut was missing this morning. When I open McAfee, I get the new-PC version of LiveSafe, without personalization, such as scheduled scan times, with zero security history. It said I needed an update, but I ran update, then it said it didn't. My subscription shows 224 days left, which is the only data that is mine. It said the latest install was 5/31/23.

I thought to try Activate My Product Key to reassure me that it's connected to my account, but cannot because it wants a product key and I don't have one. Only for new PCs?

My other Windows 10 PC (same subscription) is fine. Still has scan times (actually ran them last week for the first time almost ever) and security history.

Did McAfee do a fresh install yesterday? And throw out my data? Do I need to do anything besides re-enter my scan times and other settings? Or is something wrong that I need to fix? Uninstall/reinstall?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ElaineQ
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

Re: LiveSafe Reinstalled? Working or not?

Jump to solution

The new version deletes the desktop shortcut/icon, which I fixed. Scan history is now in European date order. The Run a Scan page sticks on results, so you have to click "Got it" to see the options. I guess it's working and my problem is resolved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @ElaineQ 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused; we request you to contact our McAfee consumer support using the below link.

McAfee Chat Support request

Regards,
Edward Franso

ElaineQ
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

The new version deletes the desktop shortcut/icon, which I fixed. Scan history is now in European date order. The Run a Scan page sticks on results, so you have to click "Got it" to see the options. I guess it's working and my problem is resolved.

Crystal23
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

not working. mynorthsidehr

dev44
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Lectortmo se destaca por proporcionar a los usuarios las últimas traducciones de mangas, lo que evita largas esperas para acceder a los lanzamientos más recientes. lector tmo calidad de las traducciones garantiza una experiencia de lectura óptima para los usuarios.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community