cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinz
Former Member
Message 61 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

hi lori,

I have sent you an email requesting for more information on this. Please have it replied so that we could arrange  a call back and diagnose the issue and get it fixed for you.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

lori1111
Former Member
Message 62 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

I have still not received a phone call back from support.  I gave them a window of all day on Wednesday; however, I have received no communication from them.

Peacekeeper
Message 63 of 81

Reminded them you are still waiting

redhot
Contributor
Message 64 of 81

I too am using Glary Utilities Free and haven't found out how to use the exclude. But also I just installed Lavasoft's AdAware yesterday. Today when McAfee was running a scan it was taking forever so I decided to stop it as I run one every other day. I also wanted to change the time for the scheduled scan but got the 'failed to create IDispatch. I tried to do as some have suggested here, but nothing worked, so I decided to reinstall the McAfee. When I was reinstalling, the program said that AdAware needed to be uninstalled first. I did that, reinstalled McAfee. Everything seemed good, so I reinstalled the AdAware and unchecked the antivirus and hopefully that will work.

mwheelz
Contributor
Message 65 of 81

I am having the exact same problem. I have an

Alienware m11x R2 running Windows Home Premium (64 bit).

I just did the McAfee online help chat and reinstalled Security Center as per the instructions of a technician.

^Oops, totally didn't read through all of this forum. I do use Glary and have used CCleaner. I'll add that exception.

McAfee, I will add that this should probably be checked for by your "Virtual Technician" program. At least say something to Glary and Piriform. ie "DONT DELETE THAT!!!!!!!!! IT"LL SCREW UP EVERYTHING"

Message was edited by: mwheelz on 1/20/11 8:09:47 PM CST

Message was edited by: mwheelz on 1/20/11 8:14:23 PM CST
user_50762
Former Member
Message 66 of 81

I use Glary but after that error after running a full McAfee scan today.  A ran Glary but it doesn't find that HKEY but I didn't let it repair anything else.  Tried to run another McAfee scan and I get the same error!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 67 of 81

Over the years I've seen so many vital files deleted by numerous registry cleaners and so-called optimizers that I avoid them all like the plague.

I think the first was in 2001 when Registry Mechanic deleted my entire network, including the drivers.

They claim to speed up your system and free up space, a claim I find dubious at best.

Needless to say I haven't used Glary or CCleaner recently.  Don't they have a restore function?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/01/11 12:15:47 EST PM
user_50762
Former Member
Message 68 of 81

CCleaner allows one to create a registry backup but Glary doesn't.  In that case I "must" have done it manually instead but what I find are month old bakups, so I have no idea when I ran Glary!  A cold boot allows you run a McAfee scan again but the same error blocks it from showing "Done".  Closing and opening again, your greated with Scan Complete and View Results, when clicked on gets the same error again.

I take that back, Glary does have a Restore function, it doesn't prompt you, it just does it but it's from 1/17/11 which is right where I had a series of other problems with Windows Update and Java.

Message was edited by: T'ski on 1/28/11 1:29:19 PM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 69 of 81

That's too bad.  I guess the best route would be to uninstall McAfee via Control Panel, then run the MCPR removel tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, reboot and reinstall from your online account.

Hopefully this time around it will remain intact.

user_50762
Former Member
Message 70 of 81

Uninstalled and ran MCPR removal tool.  Doownload SC10 files but it hung up on the installed.  This is a fairly new Dell XPS 8100, so it came with SC10 installed and a CD.  Was going to try that but tried the download a second time after running MCPR a second time also and it installed.  A quick scan ran "without" getting the "Failed to Create IDispatch" error.  I hope that it stays that way!  Others above have had it return on them.

Going to run Glary and see if I get the entry mentioned above somewhere.

Yes, Glary does catch that registry entry!

Message was edited by: T'ski on 1/28/11 10:07:33 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community