cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sortof2000
Former Member
Message 51 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

Any further info on this?  I am having same issue.  Help!

Peacekeeper
Message 52 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

Haven't had an update will ask. Have you been using registry cleaners?

AlienwareAR
Former Member
Message 53 of 81

Peacekeeper,

and everybody,

sorry for the waiting but I've not checked the forum until now..

Actually, I'm using two registry cleaner, that are Piriform CCleaner and Glary Utilities.

The Piriform's software doesn't create any problem about McAfee and IDIspatch error. So you may run it without particular settings.

On the contrary, to use Glary Utilities you have to set the exclusion of the following key register:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TskTCShm.CoMcTaskScheduler\CLSID\

In this way, you will not encounter any more the IDispatch error and everything works fine..!

I suggest to use Glary Utilities. You can find it at the following link: http://www.glarysoft.com/

Now, let me explain how to set the exclusion of that registry key, as regards Glary Utilities.

1. Download and install the software. Run it.

2. In the "1-Click Maintenance" menu, select all the fields and click on "Scan for Issues".

3. Wait for the end of the scan.

4. In the first field, that's Registry Cleaner" click on "Show Details".

5. Search this registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TskTCShm.CoMcTaskScheduler\CLSID\

6. Right click on it and set it to always exclude. Close this Details window.

7. Now you're back to main menu "1-Click Maintenance", and click on "Repair Problems".

8, Well done, finish.

Please let me know if you still have problems.

Hope it will help..

Hope it will help..

AlienwareAR

Alienware M17x R2

Intel Core i7 920XM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

8GB RAM

Dual ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 CrossfireX

McAfee Total Protection 2010

Messaggio modificato da AlienwareAR on 24/11/10 3.20.50 CST

Messaggio modificato da AlienwareAR on 24/11/10 3.21.20 CST
snowyg
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 54 of 81

Hi,

All reg cleaners are BAD for every PC - my advise do not use it.

I think in that kind of scenario:

*Make new test account and try isntalling the software again - that should solve the problem.

Hope someone tries that and udpate if that works - for me and others it did

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 55 of 81

I agree, they do more harm than good.

storming
Former Member
Message 56 of 81

I uninstalled/reinstalled McAfee Antivirus Plus, and the IDispatch problem disappeared.

No it hasn't.

After rebooting and scanning again, the IDispatch problem has reappeared. I spoke to soon.

Message was edited by: storming on 24/11/10 07:58:51 CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 57 of 81

That's good.  Now try to resist the temptation to run registry cleaners and/or optimizers.

Good luck.

sortof2000
Former Member
Message 58 of 81

I do use Glary Utitilities.  I did a restore to a point before I had installed McAfee (which was only a week ago after I dumped Trend Micro), and the restore to an earlier point seemed to take care of the problem.  I guess I won't use registery cleaners (I am a novice in any event and don't really understand the benefit (but the harm seems more clear)).  However, can I use CCCleaner to clean up cookies or is there a straight "remove cookies and temp files" program that does not mess with registery?

Thanks for the help board.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 59 of 81

sortof2000 wrote:

I do use Glary Utitilities.  I did a restore to a point before I had installed McAfee (which was only a week ago after I dumped Trend Micro), and the restore to an earlier point seemed to take care of the problem.  I guess I won't use registery cleaners (I am a novice in any event and don't really understand the benefit (but the harm seems more clear)).  However, can I use CCCleaner to clean up cookies or is there a straight "remove cookies and temp files" program that does not mess with registery?

Thanks for the help board.

CCleaner is good but as with all those applications, you have tio know what you are doing.

The OS has the regular cleanup tools in Control Panel/System and Maintenance - varies slightly from OS to OS.

You can clear cookies, history etc. using the various browser's own Tools.

Temp files can be cleared by going into Start/Rin and type in temp and hit the Enter key.  Then click Edit/Select All, then hit Shift/Delete simultaneously and most will go after a prompt or two.  Some stay, that's normal.

Repeat by entering %temp% in the Run box and most of your temps are deleted easily.

lori1111
Former Member
Message 60 of 81

I had this problem and spent many hours over several days with support trying to get it solved. The only registry cleaner I had used was the McAfee cleaner that came with my subscription.  I had at least 4 long chats with support and one long phone call - once they blamed my hard disk and I then spent hours confirming it wasn't the issue. The problem was finally resolved, but now - just two weeks later - it is back. I didn't even run the disk cleaner during this time.  I just got the same old IDspatch error and then checked my firewall settings and even though both mcafee and windows security center reported that it was on, it was indeed off again.

I am giving up. If I can't trust my virus protection and firewall, then what good are they? Even though I've paid up for the next 10 months, I have uninstalled McAffee and am going with the protection that comes with Windows Vista - which is free. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community