cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiwashG
Former Member
Message 31 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

i use uniblue and tuneup utilities, cclearner and the one that come with the pc

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

OK 3 use ccleaner and all use some sort or PC utilities, See if any more post back then will pass this onto the techs

mmmoj1
Contributor
Message 33 of 81

I use Uniblue Registry Booster.

Peacekeeper
Message 34 of 81

Thanks so 4 use registry cleaners.

GMT-IT
Former Member
Message 35 of 81

I just tested it. McAfee TP2010 clean install on WIN 7 Pro 64 Bit. No problem before and after after full scan.

After running of Uniblue Registry Cleaner the errot is back.

Restore of registry backup. Error is gone.

Attached you find the scan results of Uniblue Cleaner.

Peacekeeper
Message 36 of 81

Thanks will pass this on tho backup in german is hard on this old aussie to read

Sent to techs funny I scan and use ccleaner (only recently)  but no issues. Wonder why maybe it is the settins I have

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 6/07/10 8:10:38 PM
KESTutzman
Contributor
Message 37 of 81

I have spent several days, via chat, with the McAfee support staff regarding this issue.  I am running Windows Vista Ultimate Premium 32-bit (with no registry cleaners or performance software) and still getting this error.  Each time the Tier 2 support staff re-install TP, it works until I shut down my PC for the night and turn it back on in the morning.  I cannot scan my PC, I cannot schedule a scan, Firewall says it is on, but if you goto settings - it says that it is off.  I have not seen a fix that works for me through this thread, nor with tier 2 assistance.  Any insite would be great.

Peacekeeper
Message 38 of 81

That is strange kevin as most have cleaners.What other software do you use?

KESTutzman
Contributor
Message 39 of 81

Nothing out of the ordinary.  MS Office, Firefox, Thunder Bird, Quicken ...  I have not installed anything new in a very long time except for "Disney Vacation Connection" that install Adobe Air.  I uninstalled thse two apps before the Tier 2 support staff reinstalled McAfee so I am not sure that this is causing the issue... Bu may be...

Peacekeeper
Message 40 of 81

So after rebooting the issue is there before scanning. Hmm maybe can you check in your services and startup area of msconfig (type that in run box) and see if anything there that is unknown or unexpected

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community