cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiwashG
Former Member
Message 11 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

window 7 64x

alienware M15X spece 2.8 i7 processor

4 gb

500 gb

cabin1
Former Member
Message 12 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

I have this same thing, it is very frustating, I have reinstalled mcafee total protection 2010 worked once with a total scan and after that I just keep getting this message also I get this message when I want to get into a scheduled scan, I have a HP windows 7 home premium 64b  6 ram 650 hard drive, AMD x4 Athlon II.....please give me some advice on what's going on??? thank you for any advice..

cabin1
Former Member
Message 13 of 81

you can reset the firewall as many times as you want and it always reverts back to being turned off !

blue98
Former Member
Message 14 of 81

I, unfortunately, also have the problem.

My specs are

Acer Aspire X1301, 3 GB RAM, 2.70 GHz processor, Windows 7 64-Bit

GeForce 9200

Is that enough?

blue98
Former Member
Message 15 of 81

If I may add, this is also preventing me from scanning my computer, I can probably right click C Drive and press scan, but that kind of bothers me.

If I could also get an email, that would help

Note: I ran MVT, it did not fix the problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 81

As noone has updated their findings replied will ask in our Monday call what they found.

GMT-IT
Former Member
Message 17 of 81

Hi all.

Same problem here since todays last update.

WIN 7 64 Pro, 6 GB DDR3 1333MHz, Core2Quad Q9550, Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6, 4x Samsung HDD 750GB, Raid 10, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

GMT-IT
Former Member
Message 18 of 81

I have just uninstalled Total Protection and run the Removal Tool. After new installation the error is gone...

cabin1
Former Member
Message 19 of 81

I've done the same thing unstalled it and cleaned everything out and then reinstalled it an the problem was gone just for a little while...run 1 or 2 quick scans or a full scan and the problem was right back where i started from.... also i would like to note for the moderator that i have mcafee  total protect on 3 computers but it ONLY affects my computer with windows7 not the two with windows xp

Message was edited by: cabin1 on 6/27/10 3:24:59 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 81

Noted we are discussing this in our call Monday US time.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community