Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Midengine
Contributor II
Message 1 of 3

Just A heads Up.

Jump to solution

I have had Total Protection on two Windows PC Systems for six months. Last week McAfee sent an update I think ( Ver. 1.6,256) to my PCs. After the update, the total Protection Software was useless.  Updates stopped working both automatic and manual. Scanning stopped working and there were some missing option buttons. Manual scan button no longer worked along with no scan options in the scan window. Total disaster. Since this happened on more than one Windows PC, at the exact same time, that shows the problem is with the update not the PCs. I called McAfee for a refund since the software was now useless,  and I was told no. The update was not my fault. So I am supposed to pay a subscription for useless software.  Just a heads up to subscribers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Midengine
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Re: Just A heads Up.

Jump to solution

I do not wish to use this software anymore. Sending out an update that cripples the program is outrageous. I have uninstalled Total Protection from my systems and you know what.. Windows Security is good enough.  The sad thing is, the software was rendered inoperable and a large company like McAfee refused to refund partial or all of the subscription price cost. Just bad business.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Abhishek_Das
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @Midengine,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly follow the below steps to get the latest version of McAfee (WPS 16.0 R109) which should fix the issue.  

• Open the McAfee UI
    • Tap the settings icon on the left panel of the app
    • Select General settings
    • Uncheck Access Protection
    • Update the app to latest version 1.9.214

For additional assistance, you may also reach our McAfee Support

Regards,
Abhi

Midengine
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

I do not wish to use this software anymore. Sending out an update that cripples the program is outrageous. I have uninstalled Total Protection from my systems and you know what.. Windows Security is good enough.  The sad thing is, the software was rendered inoperable and a large company like McAfee refused to refund partial or all of the subscription price cost. Just bad business.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community