Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TK182
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Internet shows disconnected while connected

Hi everyone

I am running McAfee Total Protection 2008 on two computers.

The one, let's call it "A" is connected to an External Wireless Modem(Sentech), is running XP Pro Service Pack 3, and McAfee Products are fully updated. A Connects to a Wireless Router through an Ethernet Cable.

Second One (B), is connected to the wireless network through a D-Link G-510 Card, it is running XP Pro SP3. B Cannot connect to the internet. It is also not fully updated.

On A, in security center -> Manage Network, it shows that is is connected to the internet(it is) and on B is shows that A is Disconnected (while A is connected).

The Windows Network(MSHOME) is not working correctly, even though IP settings are correct and the computers can see each other.

How will I connect to the internet on B??

If you need any extra info, I'll reply ASAP
Thanks
TK182
3 Replies
apullat
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: Internet shows disconnected while connected

I don't understand a few of the issues you're facing, so I'll initially post some information:

a) You can see the "Internet Connected" green tick on A, because A can connect to the internet.
b) You cannot see the same on B,null because B cannot connect to the internet. The connectivity status on both machines are independent of each other. So, this does not mean that A is disconnected.

Is the core problem that you're unable to connect to the internet from B,null when you should actually be able to? (as A proves). If it is, I don't think I'm the best qualified person to diagnose this yet, but I'm sure one of the forum admins may have seen a similar problem.
TK182
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

RE: Internet shows disconnected while connected

Thanks for the reply.

The problem's been solved. The person with the router unplugged the network cable from it, it was put back insecurely, I had only checked the port going into the PC (A).

Thanks anyway, hopefully this might help other users.

TK182
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Re: Internet shows disconnected while connected

Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered' and locking it. As it s over 9years old

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community