cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 61 of 73

RE: Internet security 2009 and product setup problem

Like you Tommiy2 I have also spent many wasted hours over 5 days trying to resolve this issue and constantly communciate with mcafee via technicians, email, forums and other means.

All along I told them it must be a server issue, and it's taken them 5 days to confirm what I suspected all along......not the best customer service to be honest, but I doubt we'll even get an apology or an official statement as to what went wrong.

Now waiting patiently for a definitve date/time for the fix......
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 62 of 73

Tommiy2...I have written back to Collin at tech support requesting an actual date and time when the fix will be instigated. If they are able to be more specific and I hear from them I will post on this forum thread, so as to aid other people affected by this issue.
tommiy2
Former Member
Message 63 of 73

Getting good at killing off the registration process 🙂

Just tried to register another dozen times with mixed results and various steps along the way. Most of the time it doesn;t get to "Activation processing" and goes white screen. Tried about a dozen times got to the actual registration screen once but then it never comes back.

Time to give up and wait.

Thanks for all your help Pete....followed your thread on what to do to try and fix it but was just a lot of wasted hours ;(null
tommiy2
Former Member
Message 64 of 73

WOW!!! another 5 attempts and on the 5th attempt it registered!!!! probably only had to try 100 times but it got there finally....and nothing changed on my end!!!

Seems like if your willing to spend many hours trying to register eventually it will....
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 65 of 73

Nice to know that.....

anybody else got it to work????
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 66 of 73

Thanks for the headsup Tommiy2.

I wasn't as lucky as you however. I had to try 15 times before it accepted my registration.

5 wasted days, and many hours of reloading software, resetting settings that were never necessary.

Only thing that remains now is an apology and explanation from mcafee for this screw up.

Now to try the other 3 pc's and see if they work....but first a small drink to celebrate.:D
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 67 of 73

Great to know that its working..... but from what it seems .. it could be a poor connection issue.
Satyrlire
Contributor
Message 68 of 73

Great finally , activation successful.
Look like it been solved
Thanks everyone
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 69 of 73

On behalf of McAfee I apologise. It must have been the servers.
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 70 of 73

Thanks Ex_Brit.

It would be good to know what the official reason was for this. I have asked Collin who is handling my ticket to advise....but I have just checked my second pc and that registered first time.

Only 2 more to go....but that I will try tomorrow. Looks like normal service has resumed.:eek:
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community