cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 21 of 73

RE: Internet security 2009 and product setup problem

Thanks Amp...I thought I was alone for a while. Let's hope it is a temporary mcafee glitch. It is proving very difficult to find out from them if they do have server problems however :mad:
amp3
Former Member
Message 22 of 73

There seem to be a few people with this problem. Mine is on a brand new laptop with a preinstalled 60 day trial. It doesn't inspire much confidence in McAfee especially since nobody seems to have a clue how to resolve this issue
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 23 of 73

Are you having the same problem?

Is it something different that product setup window is not shown or anything like that?
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 24 of 73

Luke, as you seem to be listed as a T2 mcafee tech, is there anyone you can ask to see why we're experiencing problems with this process, which seems to have some connection to the mcafee servers not responding to product updates?

Similarly can you advise who amended my wife's account or give me the email address of someone to whom I can complain in regard to this matter.

I am still hopeful that mcafee will get this matter sorted, but there are many unexplained or unanswered questions which now seem to be allowed to slip past without explanation.

Thanks in advance for your continued support in order that we get this complaint to the correct level of support further up the chain.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 73

All account questions go through Customer Service, which for the UK is reachable by chat, email or phone.

For Chat/email check the link at top of the page second from left, or in my signature.

For phone:

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 020 79490107. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes
Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

That's in London.
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 26 of 73

And also I suppose there are ways to do a manual registration of McAfee if you have your invoice( Bill/ reciept) of your purchase.
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 27 of 73

Luke, as you seem to be listed as a T2 mcafee tech, is there anyone you can ask to see why we're experiencing problems with this process, which seems to have some connection to the mcafee servers not responding to product updates?

I can enquire, what is happening.

Similarly can you advise who amended my wife's account or give me the email address of someone to whom I can complain in regard to this matter.

I am afraid, I can't help you in rhis regard,

I am still hopeful that mcafee will get this matter sorted, but there are many unexplained or unanswered questions which now seem to be allowed to slip past without explanation.

We can get this sorted out. I'd Suggest you to contact our Techincal Chat support from the following link and then ask to escalate your case, by doing so we can firther investgate on this.

http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=CHAT
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 28 of 73

I would urge that you wait for two days to get the registration to come up on its own.
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 29 of 73

I have waited for over 2 days vinrod...how much longer should I wait.

I now have someone from EMEA support for Mcafee assisting me, as it appears that a lot of unexplained things are happening. I will quote this thread to them as proof of what I have already done.

I'll update you when they finally respond/close my issue so hopefully it might help others.
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 30 of 73

Just for everyone's information.

I have just tried to load this on a separate PC which has also accepted at least 6 years of mcafee installs without problems, and the same problem occurred, where the registration process timed out, and did not respond.

I await an official explanation as to why their product setup process is failing, and hope they can provide a reasonable answer.

If they don't resolve this in the next 48 hrs I will have to request a full refund of the product and reluctantly move to a competitive product to ensure continued protection of my machines.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else (other than amp3) are experiencing the same problem?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community