Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 73

RE: Internet security 2009 and product setup problem

Apparently the registration process will occur within approximately 48 hours of installation. This is by design. so just wait and see what transpires.

The UK servers have been having issues as well apparently, which doesn't help matters.
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 12 of 73

Thanks again Peter.

The registration process has been attempting to invoke every time I reboot my machine, which is now more than 48 hrs old.

I've tried again this morning....same problem.

The registration process gets as far as asking for my wife's login username and password and then fails again.

Would be nice if someone in the UK could confirm what the problem is with the servers and when it would be rectified.

Thanks
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 13 of 73

Do you already have a login to McAfee?

Even if you have an account with McAfee, try registering it new e-mail address and see what haapens?

Also try pinging download.mcafee.com and let us know the results.

Click on Start -> Click on Run-> Type CMD - > Click Ok.

Blank window appears.

Type ping download.mcafee.com
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 14 of 73

Thanks Luke.

I have managed to log in to the account using the normal web log in process so I know it works. Most of the time my attempts do not even allow me to get to the user name and login screen using "product set-up" .Pinging the mcafee address you quoted below gives a normal response...I have tried this previously based on another forum post.

Just tried the product setup again, and this time it mentioned server problems.....so it would be good if Mcafee could advise officially if their servers are having problems or not, to avoid constant need to solution a problem which may be of their own making here in the UK.

Suspect I will have to wait to a normal working day, and hope someone picks up my ticket, investigates the problem, and hopefully fixes the issue.
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 15 of 73

Luke, I've just tried tp go through the product setup process with a spare email address I had reserved. The same problem occurred.

It accepted the details I entered, and even questioned the password design (characters and letters) but when it went to "processing activiation" it failed again by going to a blank screen and not moving.

Back to the drawing board again.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 73

I just woke up and not quite "coffee'd in" yet. I assume from this that we can blame the servers?
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 17 of 73

Did you say blank screen without anything and stood for a long time?

if that is the case the product might have got registered( from my previous experience) please login to your web account to see whether the product has been registered.
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 18 of 73

Luke, the blank screen did stand for a very long while.

I have rebooted my machine recently, and it still prompts for the registration to be completed by the "product setup" process, which it still fails to undertake successfully.

I have checked my wife's account, and it now shows the product, but it has not "handshaked" with the online service via the product setup and doesn't show any expiry date on the main menu of mcafee.

Without this "handshake" will my product not cease to receive updates after the 12 day initial period?

I am still convinced that mcafee have a server problem, as when installing this on my father in laws machines last week I never once got a delay in product registration.

Any ideas how I get this problem fixed, or if the servers have a problem which will be overcome when someone addresses it?
amp3
Former Member
Message 19 of 73

I am having the same problem. After typing in details and clicking next the page goes blank.
Pete_123
Former Member
Message 20 of 73

I am also a little suspect as to how this problem got fixed. It appears that someone at mcafee has intervened to load this to my wife's account.

The online service shows the 3 user licence as being purchased, when my other accounts from previous years show this process as showing "registered" only. I have also checked my father in laws account from last weeks load and his also show as registered only.

Someone has placed a purchase of this on the system with invoice PS425624707.

This is great if this was done to help fix the problem, but it hasn't done so yet as my existing software installed still cannot overcome this inability to do the formalised product setup.

Can someone please advise how I now have an online purchase rather than a simple fix to a registration issue, and who made that change for me? I'd also like to know if Mcafee have a server problem or not before I attempt to screw up my two other PC's under this licence?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community