cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esvalenti
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Interface problem

Hello, I recently have been having accessing the interface for McAfee. The drop down menu from the toolbar icon will not open. Also, when I try to access the program from the Windows Start Menu (I am using Windows 7) I get a blank Microsoft Explorer window that says, "The Navigation to the Window was cancelled." I cannot access my antivirus at all. Anyone know how to resolve this? Thank you

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Interface problem

Download and run MVT the Mcafee virtual technician and note the session ID.

See if it helps.

I would then after a reboot and confirming it is still an issue uninstall and reinstall mcafee (after a reboot) from your account. This should fix it up.

Rerun MVT(noting session id as well) If it is not right this time and contact tech support in the useful links tab above. Chat or phone calls are free. tell Them the session Ids

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Interface problem

Hi esvalenti,

Could you please check if you have content advisor enabled on your browser ???

Open Internet explorer

Click on Tools (at the top)

Click on Internet Options

Click on the tab – Content

Then check if the button below Content advisor says : Enable (Which means its disabled at the moment)

If not disable it , hit Apply and then Ok

Restart the PC and check the status of your McAfee programs

Note : I have placed an image of the steps for your ease.

Content advisor.JPG

Cheers

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community