cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
overri6884
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Installing Internet Security 2009 on Windows 7

Hello.  I have a copy of Internet Security 2009 which has never been opened or installed on a PC.  I am currently trying to setup a new laptop with Windows 7 and wanted to try to install the software, however it appears that it is not compatible and Windows 7 will not let me install the software.  Upon further review I have found that you must have version 9.11 or greater in order to install.  Is there a file that I can download that would allow me to install off of this CD or that I could place in a directory with the CD inorder to properly install this product?

4 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Installing Internet Security 2009 on Windows 7

Hi overri6884,

Can you provide the following informations,

Have you tried installing the program ? If so what was the error you received .

Note : Moving this thread to Internet security 2009

Regards,

Dinesh K

on 12/4/09 1:00 PM
overri6884
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

I did try installing it.

The error I received was that it was an incompatible version.  It then prompted me to search for a solution on teh web.  The initial result was information about the back up not working in Win7 iof upgrading from Vista, but upon further research I found that the CD must have an older install file, pre 9.11 .

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Moved to Internet Security Suite 11 - 2009

Dinz, if you recall a while back there was a patch made available to allow installation of consumer products from older CD's on Vista.  Is there any such patch for Windows 7?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/12/09 7:40:30 EST AM
Kalpana
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

The best way to install is to Run the McAfee Download Manager in compatibility mode in

Windows Vista, SP1 or SP2.

Step 1: Copy the entire CD contents to a Folder . Right click the 'Autorun' or 'CD Setup' & select 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'.

Step 2: Click Next or the Advanced option

Step 3 : Select Troubleshoot Program

Step 4 : Select 'The Program worked in earlier version of Windows but won't install or run now'.

Step 5 : Select Windows Vista [Service Pack 1 or 2] & Click Next

Step 4: Select 'Run Program or start program' . Download Manager should now continue.

Running the Download Manager or CD Setup with 'Administrator rights' still works on Windows 7.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community