cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabbie26
Former Member
Message 11 of 15

Re: Install issue solved

Unfortunately this didn't resolve my problem of re-installing McAfee Internet Security Suite.

Anything else I could try?

Thank you in advance

Dinz
Former Member
Message 12 of 15

It seems that there is some conflicting factor that interrupts our installation. Please get in touch with our technical support chat from this link and they will remotely diagnose your issue and get it resolved for you.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community moderator

fabbie26
Former Member
Message 13 of 15

I have had contact with the dutch helpdesk and they will try to install the suite remotely this friday!

Thank you for your help: I will keep you posted!

Message was edited by: fabbie26 on 8/17/10 1:08:27 PM CDT
fabbie26
Former Member
Message 14 of 15

Dear Dinesh,

I am sorry to have to inform you that my issue wasn't resolved by the helpdesk here in the Netherlands! It was by the way pretty strange how they operate:

I was working on my second computer and I expected to be called as promised at 14:00. At 14:15 I got worried and I tried to contact the helpdesk by e-mailing them. At 14:45 I had given up hope that they would contact me so I tried through a chat session to contact them and I did get contact.

They told me that they tried to resolve my problems, but there was already someone logged in and the internet connection kept on disconnecting so they couldn't do anything for me, but why didn't they call me? Now I have to make a new appointment, but I haven't got the time any more only in the weekends and they only work during office hours and they wouldn't help me on the spot!

I am really pissed off and since this isn't the first time I have issues with McAfee software, this will be the last time for me I  will ever use McAfee again. The helpdesk here is pretty lousy and not helpfull. With the latest issues with McAfee software I lost my trust in the software! On every computer I have I had to reinstall about every 3 months the software.

I have really had it, especially with the helpdesk here! So I will be reintsalling my computer, since that is the safest bet that will resolve my issues!

fabbie26
Former Member
Message 15 of 15

I have finally resolved the issue of not being able to install McAfee Software:

Completely reinstalling my computer with a back-up of the computer into its original state!

This is really the last time I will ever buy any McAfee software!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community