cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savantpn
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Icon and Security Center have changed appearance

I'm always suspicious of any changes to my programs and now McAfee looks completely different.  Also windows alerts are popping up telling me that I don't have a virus protection problem or a or spyware protection.  What is going on.  Could McAfee have changed their look and interface without an explanation to their customers?  Or has some malware program taken over my McAfee programs changed and disabled them. 

1 Reply
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 2

Re: Icon and Security Center have changed appearance

Hi savantpn,

I think McAfee software might have updated itself to the latest version i;e 2010 & as a result you may see the appearance & the McAfee icon look different. Double click on McAfee icon & check if the protection status at the top of the screen as Your computer is secure or risk, if it shows as Your computer is at risk then you need to also collect information as to why it is not secured on same screen. Post back with result, also attach a screenshot of McAfee if possible so that we can help you to confirm the version of McAfee installed on your computer.

Good luck

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support     

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community