cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jikav
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

IS THAT NORMAL I CAN NOT DELETE MCAFEE FROM MY BRAND NEW COMPUTER ?

Jump to solution

I try to delete all of your softwares today from my brand new asus gaming computer (Mcafee is useless)

First try using your own cleaner -> nothing (somes files can not be removed) so Mcafee Core firewall serice, mcafee management services and  mcafee process validation services are still running

Second try, calling Mcafee support -> exactly the same, after i told to the support i already tried

AND THE SUPPORT TOLD ME TO CALL ASUS, THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON

LMAOOO

Do you even know your own softwares ? or you just sell them anyway 

Mcafee do not protect from viruses , IT'S THE VIRUS

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jikav
Contributor II
Message 4 of 8

Re: IS THAT NORMAL I CAN NOT DELETE MCAFEE FROM MY BRAND NEW COMPUTER ?

Jump to solution

Thanks but obviously I already tried this ..

The only way i finally success to remove this  AWESOME (lul) software was doing a total reset of my computer and then start by MCPR.exe first and not by application and program services as i saw on the forum.
Because the standard removal in application and program services do not sucess to remove everything (but still remove somes) and so MCPR.exe DO NOT WORK if there is any files missing. I lost hours and had to reset my entire computer because of this!

THANKS AGAIN MCAFEE

I would say i will never buy a mcafee integrated computer again but, WE HAVE NO CHOICES it is already in there.

View solution in original post

Jikav
Contributor II
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

The first thing you should do when you buy a brand new computer is to download and then execute MCPR.exe FIRST. Don't care what peacekeepers say.

Do it before anything else.

Unlike the peacekeepers says, you DO NOT have to execute MCPR.exe twice if you start by this. 

And then you will Can use your computer properly. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

One post enough see

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Consumer-General-Discussions/Is-Mcafee-able-to-help-you-I-hope-so-be...

I do understand more reading this post The mods here are now all higher level techs and will probably fix this for you but will need access. They are trustworthy and have accessed my PC many times when I was a mod here.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @Jikav 

The removal process is fairly simple. Go to Installed programs list and uninstall from there - restart the PC when prompted. 

Download and run the latest version of removal tool MCPR from here

Restart the PC when prompted.

Jikav
Contributor II
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks but obviously I already tried this ..

The only way i finally success to remove this  AWESOME (lul) software was doing a total reset of my computer and then start by MCPR.exe first and not by application and program services as i saw on the forum.
Because the standard removal in application and program services do not sucess to remove everything (but still remove somes) and so MCPR.exe DO NOT WORK if there is any files missing. I lost hours and had to reset my entire computer because of this!

THANKS AGAIN MCAFEE

I would say i will never buy a mcafee integrated computer again but, WE HAVE NO CHOICES it is already in there.

olit22
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

I have exact the same Problem - a new Computer with McAfee installed. It ist Incredible. 

The recommended way to remove the factory pre-installed software from (new computer SurfTab twin 11.6, folk tray, Win10), namely 1) the software at McAfee via the subscription button by specifying the email address and. to register sonsitgen credentials (I did (via a slovenian mask - the device was probably intended for the slovenian market) 2) then uninstall via the windows uninstallers under "Settings" (did not work even after logging in) 3) then that Removal program from McAfee (MCPR MCAfee ESD Package
File version 10.2.257.0; Size 10.1 MB; Language English (USA); Source file name coreESD.exe) (but after removing some program components up to "CSP" regularly - even after restoring my Win10 to exclude any defects of Win10) - it remains with "Removing product MFP", ie even after 15 Minutes the green bar pulsates just stuck at MFP).

Jikav
Contributor II
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Olit, 

If you want to completely remove Mac afee then start with MPCR. Exe FIRST

If you try to uninstal as they say, in program and applications before MPCR, that will not work well. 

I had to reinstall my computer in usine settings then MPCR to get rid of Mac Afee

Hope that will help you

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

The reason they suggest running the windows uninstall first is that running MCPR alone does not free up the license used for the install. Sometimes MCPR needs to be run 2 times to fully clean up most bits of the program.

Jikav
Contributor II
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

The first thing you should do when you buy a brand new computer is to download and then execute MCPR.exe FIRST. Don't care what peacekeepers say.

Do it before anything else.

Unlike the peacekeepers says, you DO NOT have to execute MCPR.exe twice if you start by this. 

And then you will Can use your computer properly. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community