Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ladybud
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

INSTALLATION INCOMPLETE

Hi

I've been reading severeral other discussions where people seem to be having a similar problem as myself and i think i've tried most of the suggested solutions.

Basically when installing McAfee security centre i get the installation incomplete message, then i run virtual technician and it says product update required but the link to "update now" does not work.

I've tried uninstalling using the MCPR, used the preinstallation tool, uninstalled C++ and reinstalled the latest version but the same result occurs every time.

I'm using windows VISTA SP2 32 bit, have IE 9, TOSHIBA SATELLITE U300

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
ladybud
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: INSTALLATION INCOMPLETE

Hi,

I forgot to mentionne that I also tried that :

Uninstall the two Microsoft C++ 2010 packages present in the uninstall a program list

Restart the computer

Navigate to the below location

Search for the below dll files, if present continue the below steps to rename it. If none of the below files are present follow the steps given to reinstall the Microsoft package and reinstall the McAfee

atl100.dll

msvcr100.dll

msvcp100.dll

Rename the above dll files as given below

atl100.dll12345

msvcr100.dll12345

msvcp100.dll12345

After renaming the above files click the below link to install the latest Microsoft visual C++ 2010 package

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=13523

After installing the package, restart the computer

Reinstall the McAfee

ladybud
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Here are the files under MCLOGS

mcafee.JPG

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

I would assume the install is actually incomplete and might be fixed if you uninstall it via control panel ( if option there) followed by running the MCPR removal tool from

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

and reinstall from your account

Yes you have tried the normal fix ie the MS C++ fix but maybe more is needed as per  problem was with the Microsoft visual C++ redistributable  traces. I removed it and reinstalled the latest one helped it to solve the problem

Unsure what these are so if reinstall no good call support and get them to fix the issue in italics above

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community