cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
violinsensei
Former Member
Message 1 of 19

IE8 problem, AT&T customer

It would sure be nice if you explained this to your support staff.   I just finished with one of them on the phone and he thinks it is something wrong with my PC and tried to get me to buy something from another fix it service.

?????

Excuse me I said,  I am already paying $50 a month for ATT service.   Don't they pay you enough?

I will be using Chrome alot.   Looks like I have to go back to IE 7 to get rid of that yellow shield on my PC or that angry red dot on my McAff sheild.

Half wondering if I should switch from ATT if this is how much they care.

18 Replies
violinsensei
Former Member
Message 2 of 19

Re: IE8 problem, AT&T customer

O wait, so now the McAfee from ATT can update itself?   How long will this be this time?

Now about the yellow shield.   If I try to update my Micrsoft updates will  it all go back to angry red dot does not want to update again?

Message was edited by: violinsensei on 7/4/12 5:38:32 PM CDT

Message was edited by: Hayton - update Subject Header - on 06/07/12 15:24:15 IST
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 19

Hang on this is a 4 year old thread what happened then is no relevance to the current version. Before I split your posts onto their own thread can you post what your issue is and pics as well if relevant. Mcafee is compatible with ie7/8 and 9.

I have ie8 and 9 stable with current and beta mcafee versions.

Also post your SR job number tech support gave you and the versions of Mcafee that you have.

Message was edited by: Hayton - update Subject Header -  on 06/07/12 15:24:44 IST
violinsensei
Former Member
Message 4 of 19

I have McAfee Security Center 10.5   , Virus Scan 14.5, Firewall 11.5 , Site advisor 3.5.

I just went back to IE 7 and McAfee stopped looking red for awhile, then the red  came back and it stopped updating.

I hit verify subscription and it was happy again.   ???

I still have a yellow shield from Microsoft with an !

Are these updates for IE 7 or IE 8?

I have been restarting my PC for a month trying to load the updates for IE 8 and none of them would load.  The sheild would pop up again for the same security updates.  Updates that already appear in my program add or remove page.

Since my account is through ATT I had to call for support to get any help.  They wouldn't let me do it with Chat.

Now that I am back in IE 7 what do I need to do for McAfee before I attempt to reload IE 8?

Automatic_updates.png

So when I look up IE 8, why doesn't the fix for it come up?

For that matter why didn't my IE  8 just load if McAfee has been ready for it so long.

And why did the McAfee phone support Guy act like this is still a problem?  

If my PC can run IE 7 why would IE 8 be a problem for XP?

Message was edited by: violinsensei on 7/6/12 2:05:16 AM CDT

Message was edited by: Hayton - update Subject Header -  on 06/07/12 15:25:13 IST
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 19

XP will run IE8 something is either stopping it or maybe try to install it direct from the download. there should be a ie8 download on the Microsoft site.

ATT is way behind on the Mcafee versions currently Sc11 been out for 14 mths and Sc 12 about to be released. time they moved. That said SC 10 will run with IE8. You do have Service pack 3 for XP installed?

Message was edited by: Hayton - update Subject Header -  on 06/07/12 15:25:44 IST
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Yes, the OP has a different problem to the one in the original thread. The OP question and subsequent correspondence has been branched to a new thread and given a generic subject header; the old thread will be locked.

Message was edited by: Hayton - update Subject Header -  on 06/07/12 15:26:10 IST
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 19

I suggest that 'violinsensai' should go to the Microsoft site and try some of the automatic FixIt solutions for Internet Explorer and/or Automatic Updates.

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

violinsensei
Former Member
Message 8 of 19

O yes!  the old MS fixit site.   Bin there done that!   How many times~  I lost count.

Very limited selection of fix its if you ask me.    I still have the Yellow shied with ! in my task bar.

McAfee keeps loosing faith with me and going back and forth between red and green.

Then it would not let me use any browser at all.   Finally went to tools  and Diagnose connection problems and finally got back to you guys after yet one more restart.   ****

Automatic Updates???  That seems to be what started this mess.

I feel privileged to be talking to any of you at all.

Hope you get back to  me while it last and figure out what is going on with the Microsoft shield.

How do I get a real person at Microsoft?   Is it safe to keep browsing with a yellow shield?   

I'm back on IE 7 and the little yellow sheild keeps popping back up.    I stopped loading it because the patches they send just block my ability to go on line and learn anything.

violinsensei
Former Member
Message 9 of 19

2012-07-06_2221.png
So why hasn't McAfee sent me SC 11?   Then surely IE 8 woud run right?   Even for XP 32 bit   with Service pack 3   on the x86 Framewrok.

Why do I feel like you guys are holding out on me.

Gone to check Microsoft updates directly.    The active x problem has solved itself.  do I can look at everything recommended  on the site.

Appears to be much of the same stuff that I already have. ???   whcih keeps bouncing. & (

Message was edited by: violinsensei on 7/7/12 12:24:58 AM CDT
tyomni
Former Member
Message 10 of 19

"How do I get a real person at Microsoft? "-Oh it took me 3 months to get one, but I was completely disappointed with his support abilities and knowledge.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community