cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lilly
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

I am looking for some support answers concerning my upgrading from xp to windows 7

Not sure how to do this .. I am looking for some support answers concerning my upgrading from xp to windows 7 and now reactivating my McAfee protections .. how do I do this without charge etc.  I have active account?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/01/10 8:43:22 EST AM
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: I am looking for some support answers concerning my upgrading from xp to windows 7

Provided your SecurityCenter is version 9.15 or later it will work fine in Windows 7, both x86 or x64.  You can check the version by opening SecurityCenter (right-click the taskbar icon and select that item or double-click it) and then click About in the lower right-hand corner.

I assume you are doing a clean install of Windows 7?   Actually upgrading from XP to 7 is a complicated process, but if you are doing that then enable Windows Firewall for the duration and remove all McAfee products first.  Do that via the Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs and then use the MCPR removal tool and reboot.

Once Windows 7 is fully installed then reinstall your McAfee products from your online account.

By the way I shortened your header for this thread as it was causing navigation errors.  Best to always keep headers brief.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community