cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techshark
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

How to stop McAfee from deleting stored ids and passwords

How do I stop McAfee from deleting my saved ids and passwords all the time?  Is there some setting I should change?  I can't just access the McAfee knowledge base for this because they require me to download their "Virtual Technician" which is the last thing I want to do when their software is already messing up my computer.  Someone please help!

8 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 9

Re: How to stop McAfee from deleting stored ids and passwords

Did not know it would. What passwords  are these? or is this in Privacy service probably as I do not use it.?

Will ask

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 1/03/10 8:31:32 PM
techshark
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

It deletes all my ids and passwords, i.e. those for banks, websites like Quicken, Netflix, Travelocity, this site, etc.  This seems to happen randomly but I think it's done each time the program does a scan.  It's certainly a PIA particularly for websites I don't go to much.  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.  I doubt I'm the only person with this problem.  Thanks!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Tony being in Australia will be asleep now so am filling in here...

I suspect that it is your Quickclean settings that are at fault here, but some questions.  What version of SecurityCenter is this?

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

If 2009 version click "About" in the lower right corner and post what it says

If 2010 version click Navigation (top-right) and then About (left centre) and post what it says.

Also have you moved default folders to non-standard locations or are you storing stuff in non-standard locations?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/03/10 10:12:18 EST AM
techshark
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Thank you for the response.  I have the 2010 Version of McAfee Internet Security.  I checked the Quickclean settings which I had done before and found that the only items chosen were Windows History, Lost File Fragments and ActiveX controls.  I didn't chose any of the Browser File settings.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks!!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Uncheck those items one by one and see if it stops.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 9

Have you turned on QC scheduled scan? If so disable it and see what happens.

techshark
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

I will try that as well.  Thanks for the advice.

Karen

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 9

Can you also let us know what Operating system and browser. Are you using any registry cleaners?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community