cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rikhav
Contributor
Message 11 of 14

RE: How to register Mcafee Internet Security 2009 without internet

I don't the retailer has to do anything simply because its the same packing as it is shown on several online sites such as amazon.com
There is no where mentioned on the box or while installation that its a TRIAL SERVICE. then how did the Customer Service say its one.
I just dont see any reason for it and am really put off by their ignorance
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 14

It would only be a trial until you register it, then it should show as a registered version.

They are the only people who can answer this.

Try Customer Service again and ask them not to redirect you because you want a refund.

However, I asked you where you bought it, because that is where your refund should be requested.
rikhav
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

I have already registered and out of the 3 licenses 1 has also a validity date given by Mcafee. Unfortunately In India things work differently. The retailer would only exchange anything if there is any physical damage. Anything other then that, I will need to talk with the manufacturer directly
I really thank you for your prompt replies and I will speak to Customer Service again and see what they have to say. I wont carry a grudge if i dont get a refund. I am just surprised by their ignorance of calling a registered version a TRIAL VERSION
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 14

I'm a bit puzzled with that too. Anyway, good luck.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community