cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarod
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

How to fix My Network page which is blank on the laptop 1 of 3 machines licensed for McAfee Total Protection 2013

End of Dec ’12 I renewed McAfee Total Protection. Am allowed to use it for 3 PC’s. So use it for my PC (cable modem), my laptop and my sister’s laptop (both laptop’s re wireless). My PC is the master that controls the network. All installs went well. All My Network pages are fine except for my laptop where the page stays blank. Any troubleshoot suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Also maybe this could be a clue to solving the blank page issue on my laptop - On my PC that controls the network when clicking on About This Network under the McAfee column all machines except for my laptop are stated with a Yes, the laptop states No. Yet on the laptop the software and machine are fully functional. 

Message was edited by: jarod on 17/01/13 10:21:28 CST PM
5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to fix My Network page which is blank on the laptop 1 of 3 machines licensed for McAfee Total Protection 2013

Same as this?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/270459#270459

I would read this thread and contact tech support as they need to know of these issues.I have not seen it on my 3 12.1 installs.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

BTW what version are you on 11.6 or 12.1?

jarod
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Re: How to fix My Network page which is blank on the laptop 1 of 3 machines licensed for McAfee Total Protection 2013

Hello,

Yes Escalation2 at support are well aware of the issue. There is one that worked on the laptop extensively having remote access to it as I watched. He said thru the chat that he needed to research this and get back to me. They have been having trouble reaching me back thru the telephone to get access to the machine so I decided to just post here. You may relay this to them and post the solution her so I can do it myself.

Version 12.1 on all machines.

Message was edited by: jarod on 18/01/13 8:18:54 CST PM

Message was edited by: jarod on 18/01/13 8:19:34 CST PM

Message was edited by: jarod on 18/01/13 8:20:00 CST PM
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 6

What is the SR job number so i can pass it up the line to them.

jarod
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Sorry,

A few days ago I deleted the email correspondances and so no longer have the SR job number. However the name of the technician that worked extensively on this case file is Saji (don't have the rest of the name).

P.S. Usually a blank page goes away with an update or uninstall/reinstall or other fix but this time we seem to be stuck.

Thank you.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

Ok will stir the techs up on our Monday call.

From last Monday when I casked about this we were told

1 tech said that this issue may relate with IPV6 since it is related with No network detected issue, also need to check it is under public / private network. Karthik made a point deleting registry keys also fixing the problem.  Karthik is to contact any one of the poster to check the issue. 

That translates to

1. Are you using ipv4 or 6 Ips?

2 are you on a public network or private?

3. I will ask for an update Monday in our call

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 19/01/13 7:14:12 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community